cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling completely overwhelmed

@Taylor-RO I was able to get a bit of work done on the assignment, but not nearly as much as I wanted to. I spent most of this morning putting all possible SH objects in a safe place to stop myself from SH.

My safety plan got a real workout today, and there are some issues with it which I have been progressively working on getting sorted. I need to update that thread too at some point... I still feel terrible, but I’ll be safe tonight.

@Eden1717 Thanks for your heartfelt post. It really means a lot to me. Heart

@MissX @Zeldasmile @Bee this is what’s been happening.

Awesome stuff @mrmusic, glad you are making progress in a lot areas including keeping safe Heart

Highlighted

Hi @mrmusic. I just read this, and I'm sorry to hear you feel super stressed, I know the feeling and can relate to some of the things you said. I know it's tough pushing through all this work, but YOU CAN DO IT just takes a bit of effort and time. Remember not to push yourself too hard, take breaks, split work up or work with other people. I'm glad that you're taking care of yourself during these stressful times, always here if you need.
-Hopes this sorta helps. 💖
“When feeling overwhelmed by a faraway goal, repeat the following: I have it within me right now, to get me to where I want to be later.”Karen Salmansohn

So stressed right now. I have no idea how I’m going to get through this. I’ve done only a very small amount writing the assignment, and I now only have until Friday. I want an extension, but I don’t think I have a good enough reason. Why did I ever think I could succeed - right now it does not feel possible. Smiley Sad

@mrmusic sounds like things are incredibly stressful today!
It's been a while since you posted, how are you feeling now?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey @Bee, well I emailed to ask for an extension, and it was granted. So now I at least feel a little more in control. However, they want a form signed to verify my condition. Frankly I am sick of providing form after form to them ‘proving’ my diagnosis. This is now the third time in the past 12 months I have had to do this. Part of the problem is my psychiatrist often leaves parts of the form incomplete, which are then refused as a result. I don’t have another appointment until July, so I’m going to have to go to his office tomorrow and hope he signs the form.

I submitted new documentation to the disability advisor a couple of weeks ago after my last appointment, and they haven’t updated the system to allow the extension process to be easier, so I’m just going to have to hope that this form is filled in properly, otherwise my assignment won’t be accepted.

BTW, the assignment is not going well. Smiley Sad

Hi @mrmusic

That must be really frustrating dealing with all those forms and feeling you need to prove something. It sounds like you're really on top of everything though in terms of following things up. Sorry to hear the assignment isn't going well, hang in there!

Tom

@TOM-RO I’ve forwarded a copy of the form I submitted to the disability advisor a few weeks ago as an interim measure in case my psychiatrist doesn’t fill the extension form out properly. It has my diagnosis on it, but I really don’t care, the course advisors know I have MH issues, and I’m not ashamed of them, though I don’t particularly like the impact of them on myself and others.

@mrmusic I'm glad the extension was granted.
Sounds a bit ridiculous that you have to keep providing the same form.
Can you maybe ask your psychiatrist to fill it out properly in July for you to make the process easier? Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the assignment not going well. What is the hardest bit about it right now?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee In my last appointment, he did fill the form out properly, thank goodness, just that things haven’t been adjusted in the computer yet. It’s been a real pain, because he has requested that the uni contact him if there’s a problem with the form, which they won’t do (because it’s my responsibility to make sure the form is correct not the uni’s). So that’s made things hard. HOPEFULLY next semester will be a lot better!

It’s just a hard assignment in general, a lit review, it doesn’t help that every tiny little thing is making me feel really defeated. Smiley Sad

And any possible objects I could use to SH are well out of my reach as I don’t completely trust myself right now. But things are better than a couple of days ago at least.