cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling distant from friends

Hi @Clementine 75,
How are things going with you? Are you feeling better right now? If you are still feeling sad and negative, please don't be hesitate if you wanna ask for help, we are here supporting you (hug)

My school year and I recently moved up to a new school. I’ve been there a few weeks now. I don’t see this group of friends as much because I don’t have many classes with them, but most of us still sit together at lunch or break. I feel like I’m realising even more how distant I feel. I sit there and listen while everyone chats but I don’t really say that much, because I don’t really feel like I have anything to add to the conversation. I sometimes feel like they don’t really see me. Recently a group of us were sitting together at lunch, and some of them left to go to the canteen. This left me and two other people, one was someone from another school who a few of the other’s had recently met. This person got up to go somewhere, so the other person did too, and they chatted for a minute before going, leaving me by myself. They didn’t say anything to me, not even look at me or acknowledge me in really any way. I know it sounds dramatic to say, but I just felt invisible. Eventually everyone came back, but my being left alone was only acknowledged briefly by one person who’d gone to the canteen. It’s not this bad all the time, but I feel quite distant and disconnected.

I'm really sorry you went through that @Clementine75. Smiley Sad Rejection can feel so painful, both physically and emotionally. It can be tough starting at a new school and having friends change and drift away.
Has anything helped you feel better when you've felt isolated?

Sorry to hear about what you have been going through lately @Clementine75. That sounds like such an awful experience. How have you been able to manage these feelings so far? Heart