cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Feeling down all the time

I've been feeling down for nearly a year now. Sure I have some good days, but I always come crashing down and back to the sad reality of my life. I've been self harming for about a year, as well as having problems with depression, anxiety and eating disorders. I guess I just want to know if people care about me and I'm not doing this for attention I just really want to let it all out. So thanks for taking to the time to read and I really hope you're feeling better than I do..
Highlighted

Re: Feeling down all the time

Hi Pillow, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time over the past year. It takes a lot of guts to talk about it, especially when there is this misguided idea that people with depression do things 'for attention'. It's totally ok to talk about how you're feeling and ask for help when you need it, so you should be proud of yourself for reaching out! Are you seeing a doctor or anyone for support with your anxiety and eating disorders?

Highlighted

Hi ElleBelle,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me! It means a lot Smiley Happy I'm currently seeing a psychologist but only once every 2-3 months or so.
Highlighted

Hey Pillow Smiley Happy

It sucks that you're feeling really down, but at the same time it's great to hear that you're wanting to improve your situation. Reaching out isn't attention seeking; it's brave Smiley Happy

Have you tried telling your psych that you feel you need some extra support? I currently only see mine about every 2 months, but she always mentions that if I'm struggling I can contact her and see her earlier. Their biggest concern is improving people's wellbeing, but they can only do that if the communication is a two-way stream.

In the meantime, if it isn't possible to see your psych, there's always Kids Helpline which have helped me enormously in managing my mood and anxiety issues. If picking up the phone is too scary then you can talk to them online. The fact that you've posted on here tells me that you're brave, so I certainly have faith that you could take that step if you haven't already Smiley Happy

Stay strong,

Loki Smiley Happy

Hey @Pillow 

I think the advice given in the other replies is fantastic, especially what has been said about talking to your psychologist more about any extra support you feel that you need. 

I just wanted to let you know that everyone on these forum cares about you, and I hope that you can see that through the replies you have received. And hopefully other people who have been through what you are currently going through will see your post on here and be able to offer you some first hand advice abut how they dealt with their situation. 

I think that a quote from the movie The Help really applies to you here, and repeating as your mantra like they do in the movie might help a bit, I know it has helped me! 

"You is kind, 

You is smart,

You is important

Highlighted

Hi Pillow!
I just want to let you know that your not the only one out there. I'm just like you except I don't self harm. Read my post, it's called depression and just a bad life.

Ok so I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way. I really get it. I can't really help with the depression because I've got the same problem but I think I might be able to on the self harm.

* Whenever you feel like you want to cut yourself, don't grab a knife, grab a ballpoint pen. Draw a line on your skin anywhere you want, whatever colour you want, any size you want or any shape. This can be your cut. Try and do it as little as you can though.
* Try and set goals like: don't cut yourself for a day, week or fortnight.
* Whenever you're about to cut yourself, just think about how much blood you could be losing and think about how ugly all the bandages or scars would look.
* Tell someone. If you can't tell your parents tell an adult you are familiar with or even tell a teacher. If you can't do any of these call a help line. You can get the numbers online.

Good luck and I hope you manage to get over it. You can do this!