cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: going crazy

@scared01that sounds really disappointing Smiley Sad i'm sorry to hear that the helpline wasn't much use for you. It's really upsetting when it feels like people are giving us a bit of a brush off Smiley Sad
That being said, do you think it would help talking to either one of those services (KHL/headspace) as well tonight? Heart
I can hear how frustrating this must be for you Smiley Sad Here for you xx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're having a SLOW-MO Getting Real chat to do with Generational Differences, starting on Monday the 11th of November! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Re: going crazy

Khl and headspace dont really help for my caring role @ecla34 Smiley Sad
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Re: Feeling emotional

Hey @scared01, I'm sorry that your conversation with the helpline left you feeling unheard Smiley Sad

I'm not sure if you've tried the SANE forums, but they have a carers forum, along with the SANE helpline, 1800 187 263. They also have lived experience forums, which are similar to what we do here.

What are you doing tonight for self care? Heart

Thanks @mrmusic

Im not sure im babysitting till about 930 tonight. Ive just done dinner and put a movie on but thats about it.
Its to hot to do much else

@scared01 Just a reminder that you're doing a really good job managing everything right now. Heart

Sounds like tonight is a good night for staying in - the heat is terrible, that's for sure!

Hey @scared01,

I just wanted to acknowledge how difficult being a carer can be. I know from experience it can be really isolating and tiring at times. Is there a time each day you’d be able to set aside to do something for you? I know for me, my cup of tea before bed helps immensely with unwinding and de-stressing a little. 

Do you have any other support around you that may be able to assist with some of your caring responsibilities?

thank you @mrmusic

thansk @Sunflower18
Caring is all those things indeed. i dont really have supports for caring, i jsut kinda do things myself. i asked for abit of support today and they just gave me funny looks like 'weirdo'

Hey @scared01,

I'm sorry to hear that your request for help didn't go so well today, that's really tough. It's definitely not at all weird to be asking for help, I'd consider it something really normal and necessary! 

Have you ever spoken to your doctor/the hospital about being a carer? It may be different where you are, but I know in my area, there are various services available to assist those who care for a family member. 

i havent spoken to anyone @Sunflower18 or not for support purposes etc. i have to work up the courage to talk to them yet so i can get assessments for him for other suports as well as most services run through NDIS or my aged care, none of which hes on yet