cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling hurt and betrayed by someone who I thought I knew

Friends who I thought would keep their promise and be there for me when things hit the fan, decide to reduce conversations, inviting you to join in, rejecting you, hurting you, lying to you, now spreading rumours and blocking you. It’s hurts 

Re: Feeling hurt and betrayed by someone who I thought I knew

Hey @Havoc,

I'm sorry to hear youre feeling this way, friends can really let us down sometimes and its incredibly hurtful Smiley Sad.

Did you want to chat a bit more about how youre feeling or what happened? 

Hey @Havoc 

That is a really horrible feeling, I'm so sorry this is happening, I agree with @Alexarose that sometimes friends really let us down and its such a painful experience. We've got quite a bit of content on our website about friendships, I thought I might link this article about how to tell a friend they've hurt you which has a few tips in it for tricky conversation. Of course if you don't want to talk to your friends about it or you're not ready that is up to you <3 

I'm really hearing how hurt you are, is there something nice you can do for yourself to feel a bit better?

I’d love to talk to them about it but they have blocked me and her other friend has done the same without any warning. It really hurts. Another thing is I liked one of them and they liked me but they are in a tricky relationship with a abusive ex and he is trying to make it up to her and she went back to him. But he controls her social media and who she talks too. But atm she sounds like him. 

Hey @Havoc I know it might not be super helpful but I have definitely been in similar situations before and it feels really consuming at the moment but these feelings are temporary and friends come and go ( and then sometimes come back again).

How are you feeling about it now, has anything changed? Have you been friends with these people for a long time?

Hope youre going okay <3 

@Havoc It sounds like this has been really tough on you. I hope that you can find something to take your mind off the situation for a moment. Do you have a good support system or other friends that can be there for you?

I’m depressed and suicidal about it. Since I loved her. Just her dam ex ruined everything. Being friends for a while. 

ive spoken to some other friends. There suggestion is this. 

I think the best thing to do is just forgive, let go, and tolerate each other, so both of you can have peace. :'>

> They are only going to feel hurt if they hold grudges against each other, if they don't forgive.

> Even if they mean Havoc, or vice versa, doesn't **deserve** their forgiveness, so do they need to forgive for themselves so they can have **peace**.

>

> They need to understand each other's perspective without resentment and forgive each other.

> Forgiving won't excuse their behaviors, but it prevents their behavior form destroying themselves.

> They need to be able to **tolerate each other**, despite **past mistakes**.

>

> They're still friends, but the lack of understanding has driftet them apart.

> They still care for each other as friends, but what happened between them is too large for them to look around and see their friendship. 🥲

Sort of, find it hard to make friends and keep em since I have a rare disability. Just my brain misinterprets situations and such. 

Aw @Havoc this must be such a painful situation for you to be in, I'm so sorry you're having to navigate all these big feelings and experiences at once. You mentioned that you've had some advice from other friends - are there a couple of people that are supporting you at the moment? 

I also just wanted to see how you're feeling today, because you mentioned feeling depressed and suicidal about all this. Please know we are here to talk through that and you are not alone Heart 

Yep, some lovely people have stepped in and are being really supportive during this. 

I’m feeling okay today just tired. Just taking it easy. Thank you for that.