cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Feeling like I lost myself πŸ’”πŸ˜­ I haven't been myself at all 😭

Hey everyone, @WheresMySquishy @mspaceK

I took a break from social media for a bit πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ₯Ί didn't go well, I feel stuck and unable to move forward, I can't coprehened things much and that also hurts me

I have officially stayed single for a while but then I fell hard for someone, and I'm taking it really slow, he's loving, caring and most of all respects my decisions, and actually told me that he'll protect me😁

But I'm proud of myself, as I haven't done what I wanted to do πŸ₯Ί but that's all thx to my bf, thx to him I smile a lot, cry a lot less and even feel like doing things I use to enjoy 😁 

Re: Feeling like I lost myself πŸ’”πŸ˜­ I haven't been myself at all 😭

Hi @Cheeseburger! Great job on making a new thread! Smiley Happy

I feel sorry for you that you felt stuck, but I'm happy that you found someone else who is supportive of you! I'm glad that your relationship is going well so far, though I know it's early days.

I think your break from social media hasn't been a failure. You've just found something that hasn't worked out for you, which makes you less likely to try doing it again in the future. It wasn't a waste of time. A big part of working on your mental health is trial and error. Developing good mental health is about stopping things that don't work and keeping up with things that are helpful. Well done for trying to take a break, even if it didn't work out well.

I think you deserve some credit for making positive changes in your life. People can suggest things and support us, but in the end, we can choose whether or not to follow their advice. I'm glad that you're proud of yourself and can do things that you love! Heart

@WheresMySquishy I just feel lost, but the good news is that on Monday I have my appointment to see professional hep

@Cheeseburger I'm glad that you have an appointment to get some help Smiley Happy

How are you feeling about it?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee I'm scared about itπŸ˜ͺπŸ’” bcuz I ha grant been to see one for ages πŸ’”πŸ˜ͺ

@Cheeseburger it's okay that you are scared to go see someone. That is a
normal response. You've done this before so we know you can do it - no
matter how hard it feels Heart

Do you have a plan of how you're going ti get through the appointment?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey @Cheeseburger , 

I'm so proud of you for booking that appointment. It's definitely normal to feel a bit scared about seeing someone new for the first time, especially when you're talking about such personal things. I remember the first time I saw my psychologist I felt super nervous, but now I've been seeing her for a few years. I go back about once a month to maintain my mental health (kind of like a check-up at the doctor's) and I actually look forward to my appointments! You deserve to feel better, so again I'm really proud of you for taking this step!

Hi @Cheeseburger! I'm proud you made the appointment! I hope it all goes well.

In my experience, the first session is usually about getting to know you, your hobbies, your goals and what you value, so don't feel as if you have to talk about heavy or more personal stuff from the get go. It can be a bit nerve-wracking, but I hope that they can put you at ease and you can build up a good rapport with them. I've found that most professionals are different from each other in terms of their approach and personality, so I try to go into seeing a new one with an open mind.

@WheresMySquishy @MisoBear @Bee @mspaceK I give up with love 😭πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜«πŸ˜–πŸ’” idk anymore, I think  lost my bf today, bcuz of his aunt, he lost his phone bcuz I got him into trouble 😣😞😭πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜«πŸ˜–πŸ’” I've struggled all day without talking to him 😣😞😭πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜«πŸ˜–πŸ’” my heart hurts bad, and idk what to do. Every time I think I've found a guy who loves me I lose them😣😞😭πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜«πŸ˜–πŸ’” also think I found out why im struggling with thing

The appointment is on Monday, and I've been stressed out about it to, as they'll wanna know what goes on in my head all day everyday πŸ˜–πŸ’” and the things that go on in my head ain't good things😣😞😭πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜₯πŸ˜«πŸ˜–πŸ’”

@Cheeseburger   I'm so heartbroken for you. Smiley Sad Perhaps your boyfriend just needs time to cool off. It could be that he doesn't blame you about the situation after all. Would checking up on how he feels work out for you? You could say, 'Hey, I'm really sorry you lost your phone. How are you feeling now? I'm here for you.'

I'm sorry you're so stressed about the appointment. Smiley Sad Remember, you are not obliged to tell them anything that you don't want them to know. You are in control of what you choose to reveal. If they ask you about something you don't want to tell them, you could say, 'I don't feel comfortable answering that right now' or 'Let's wait until we get to know each other better first'. Good professionals usually know ways of engaging with their clients or patients and making them feel comfortable enough to open up eventually. Of course though, if it's a safety issue, then you should let someone know.

What are the things that go in your head, if you don't mind sharing? Heart