cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: Feeling like I lost myself πŸ’”πŸ˜­ I haven't been myself at all 😭

@WheresMySquishy I heard from him, he'll get his phone back soon, I'm just r3ally struggling without talking to him  bcuz I really do love him😣 but as long as Ik I'm still Taken by him, then I'll be ok

Yeah it's hard atm but I'm gonna try and stay strong πŸ˜£πŸ’” I'm numb, I dont feel any pain anymore, ppl keep leaving so I'm use to it now

Hey @Cheeseburger

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been going through such a tough time. It can be really hard to lose contact with people, especially when they mean so much to us. It's really important for everyone to have a good support network of our friends and family, and somebody like a significant other can definitely be part of your support network. 

I do really want to encourage you to also communicate with other people who are part of your support network. While we can feel very close to a particular person, and feel tempted to share everything with only them, it's wise to lean on multiple people when you are feeling down or low. This can be really important if you can't get in contact with your main support person. You could talk to a friend, a family member, a mental-health hotline, or even ReachOut (like you are now!) I think it's also really important to remember that your self-worth is independent of other people. You are worthwhile and deserving of happiness regardless of what happens or who you talk to Heart

I also wanted to let you know that I had to edit your post as it broke part of our Community Guidelines. Can you please include whether you are safe or not within your post? Heart I was also wondering whether you have a safety plan? It could be something you make when you are feeling happy for the times that you feel depressed. Are there any strategies that you can use to make you feel better? If you're having trouble of thinking of some, there's a huuuuuuge list of self-care ideas here!

Thinking of you Heart

Hey @Cheeseburger, I really want to recognise how brave and strong you are being throughout all of this. I can tell that this is really hurting you and you are trying your very best to get through this. Does your family know about what has been going on recently?

As you did not include whether you were safe in your post, I have removed some details about self-harm. Andrea mentioned the community guidelines and there is a thread here on how to talk about self-harm and suicide on the forums. If you have any questions, you can email us at forums@reachout.com. Basically when mentioning self-harm and suicide, please confirm your safety within the post by saying 'I am safe'. We know how important these conversations are so we want to be able to give users a voice but still know that the user is safe Heart Sometimes users will also be given the opportunity to clarify their safety/edit it into the post before it is removed. We have these guidelines to keep everyone in the community safe Smiley Happy This is because we all care about you and so these conversations can cause other users to feel upset or concerned for your safety. 

@Andrea-RO  @Taylor-RO  sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention when I put that in there, but I'm ok I promise I'm safeπŸ™‚ 

Yeah it's hurting me bcuz I love him alot, I also think I might lose anyway once I tell him I might be non-binary β˜ΉπŸ’” my heart hurts bad but u promised him I wouldn't cry, and if i felt sad I'll cuddle the bear I'm giving him πŸ™‚β˜ΉπŸ’” my friends are scared that I'm gonna delete fb, but I'm not gonna, but might take a break from everything

Monday is stressing me out, and Im scared about talking to them ☹ haven't talked to domeon like this for a while ☹

@Andrea-RO my parents know about what's going on and are trying to support me but I'm pushing ppl away ☹ i dont mean to push ppl away β˜ΉπŸ’”

Hey @Cheeseburger , I'm glad you're safe and I'm sorry you're having such a difficult time at the moment. Relationships can be really challenging, especially when you're worried you might lose someone you love. I think it's really important that you do what is right for you. My hope is that if he loves you he will be supportive of your identity. You are so allowed to cry if you feel like it will make you feel better. I often have a good cry when I'm feeling really upset, and it usually helps me to feel so much better! 

I know your friends might be scared you're going to delete Facebook, but I'm wondering what is best for you? Would it be better for you to have a little bit of a social media break? You could always use email or texting to communicate with your friends if you felt like that was a better way to communicate? Sometimes I delete Facebook to give myself a mental health break and then I come back to it when I'm feeling like I can use it in a better way. 

I'm wondering what you're scared to talk about with your friends? I'm here to support you if you wanna chat. 

@Cheeseburger  I'm so glad you're safe despite everything that's been going on! You've been showing such amazing resilience. Well done! Smiley Happy

If he doesn't like the fact that you might be non-binary, then he will be missing out on being with an awesome person. Who knows, he could end up loving you for who you are. Heart I think cuddling the bear is a good strategy for when you miss him. Maybe looking at a photo of him would help too.

I support your decision to take a break if you feel that it will benefit your mental health. I remember there were times where people discouraged me from taking a break, but in the end, it was the best thing for me. You know yourself best. Social media can be filled with drama and make people more anxious.

I hope everything goes well for you on Monday! I'm happy your parents are supportive. You're really lucky to have them and they're lucky to have you. I think it's normal to try and resist getting the support of other people if you've been hurt in the past. In my experience, people who are good supporters usually understand this. Sometimes when we've been hurt by someone, we need our own space, and we will seek support when we're ready.

@WheresMySquishy @MisoBear @Taylor-RO @Andrea-RO @Bee @mspaceK the appointment on Monday went really good, and now I've finally figured out why, I'm not like most girls my age, it's bcuz since I was 5 I had been questioning my gender, now I'm identifying as a boy/girl, I'm happy nowπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ˜€ but I really like my counselor, she's really nice, and helps honestly I shouldn't have been worried, I'm now called smiley bear lol, but that's thx to my best friend who recently turned into my bf πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ˜€ I've known my best friend for a, while but now  can finally call him mine😊😁�

@Cheeseburger  I'm so glad that the appointment went well! I think it's really great that you like your counsellor. A really important factor in whether the sessions are going to benefit you is liking the therapist. I'm really happy that you're finally feeling some joy after everything you've been through!

Congratulations on discovering who you are! That's an amazing thing.

giphy

Your best friend/BF sounds so nice and supportive! Smiley Happy

Here's hoping for more good things to come your way, smiley bear! Heart

@WheresMySquishy thx πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜€πŸ˜ but the smile on my face is thx to my best friend/bf, he was the one person who i turned to when I needed to talk to someone, he stopped me from doing stupid things, and he has always supported meme no matter what happened, he was the first person I told that I felt more like a boy then a girl, and lately I've been looking muscular, and ppl have been using my pronouns, or calling me by my name

And the counselor is actually great, me and her talked for and hour, and I go see her again on the 11th of July

@WheresMySquishy  I spoke to soon, he left me, just as u was falling asleep too πŸ’”πŸ₯€πŸ’€