cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Feeling low

Hi guys… I'm new to this whole thing but I'm loving it… I have some serious issues going on in my life that I don't know how to deal with and was hoping to find some help here… to give u some background info… I'm 29 and married with 2 step children… I lost my first child… a lil boy in April last year… my father has never been a part of my life… my mum critisices everything I do even now… I was sexually assaulted at age 18… I was abused physically, emotionally and psychologically by my mums partner… I am now nearly 30 and feel my life is a failure… I feel I have no control over my life or emotions… I have cried myself to sleep for the last 4 nights… I have had 2 breakdowns in the last month… I see myself in a black hole with no way out…

Re: Feeling low

Hi Jadei. 

It's sounds like you're dealing with a lot right now. Well done on reaching out though- that's a brave first step. Are you getting any help at the moment? 

I also just noticed you said you're 29 and I just wanted to make you aware that some of the content on this site might not be as helpful as it is aimed at 14-25 year olds. That said, you're welcome to stay and share your experiences with others. 

I just got a referral to see a counsellor… I am aware of age page is aimed at… I'm just happy to share experiences… I feel this is a great way for people to talk about things and get support… you guys have been very helpful… you guys referred me to lifeline online chat last night which was extremely helpful as I was going through a very distressing time last night

Hey Jadei

That's great that you got a referral to a counsellor - it sounds like you've been going through a lot and seeing a counsellor can definitely be helpful in finding ways to think about and deal with those things. Also good to hear that ReachOut has been helpful - keep hanging in there Smiley Happy

Hey there , congrats on coming to REACH OUT.COM and seeking help!!!

I would look at some of the fact sheets but also really talking about these issues and how to resolve them with a psychologist or a counsellor is a sensible approach, but to quote the popular sports brand ->

'IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING'

Please don't give up and we will support you through this Smiley Happy

Hey Jadei 

Welcome to ReachOut. Wow you have gone through so much and you have survived all your experiences and here you are wanting help to get through the pain you are going through. You are so strong and you should be very proud of yourself. You are nearly 30 and you are a survivor. The first step to helping yourself is realizing that there is something wrong and you are on the right track. I think you just need coping mechanisms to help you get through this tough time, this has helped me http://au.reachout.com/Building-better-coping-skills I hope it helps you Smiley Happy 

Take care of yourself 

Hi Jadei,

Hope your counsellor can help out, please let us know how you go Smiley Happy

JD.

You dont deserve all that crap in your life...who are those people to do these things to you?

Would you do all that to someone? No - because youre better than that. So what makes anyone else better than you?

That is why I say, dont let anyone rob you of our happiness. 

hi JB

you have definitely gone through a lot !
like someone mentioned, it's not surprising you're not feeling your best and you deserve to feel happier. i think you're really lucky for being able to be strong enough to seek help. whether that's professional counselling or lifeline. reachout is full of resources including fact sheets, videos and a whole lot more if you want to check those out. you're always welcome to post ! welcome to the forums and hope to see you around more Smiley Happy