cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feeling low

There's nothing to be sorry about. Sometimes we just aren't up to it.
Perhaps you could make an agreement with yourself to rearrange the appointment and go maybe tomorrow or another time.
Could you do that - make a phone call?

I don't know
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I'm sorry because I'm such a let down

You're not a let down. I just know that you can get through this, it just may be hard for you to see that at the moment.
Please be persistent, things are bound to improve. Perhaps you could do some self-care activities now?

Nah doesn't matter

No matter how hard I try things aren't going to get better because I'm going to be like this forever so what's the point I might as well just give up

I'm so angry I'm such an idiot I wish I could just .......in the ugly face

Do you know what's behind that angry feeling @j95 ?

When I feel that angry with myself I find it's best to do something that doesn't need any real thinking and also gives me a change in scenery (e.g. going for a pretty long walk, kicking a soccer ball at an empty goal or throwing a ball as high/accurately as possible). I personally need the change in scenery to unlock the trap of negative thoughts, even thoughI usually don't think it will work at the time.

Have you found anything that works for you when you're feeling like that?
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@j95 Is there anything you could be doing now to distract yourself? As @Bay52VU has said, a change in scenery or just overall environment could help. 

I find that writing things down on a slip of paper and just putting it out of sight helps me sometimes. Especially if it's put in a very small place where I try not to think about it at that moment. Then when I'm feeling ready, I go back and try and deal with them one slip of paper at a time.

@Alison5 I didn't go to my appointment this afternoon