cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Feeling overwhelmed

@Bre-RO I feel lonely and sad and angry and broken.

Even though I'm no longer at a point where my life is constantly at risk it still feels like all my energy is being put towards surviving. 

I'm tired of people telling me to make long term goals when I'm too fucking busy trying to meet my needs as they come up to even think about what might happen in the future.

Highlighted

That's really shit @Tiny_leaf, I'm really sorry that you have to go through that right now

It's sometimes really frustrating when people keep putting focus on the distant future, especially in a time like now where it's hard to predict what the future will even look like. Sometimes I find a good way to deflect the question is by saying something like "I don't really feel that's relevant right now, but I can tell you my plan for the next week (or the next couple of days/tomorrow/etc)"

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO I can't because it's my OT asking.

Highlighted

Oh though at least mum made a psychiatrist appointment.

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf I've  just been catching up on this thread - I completely relate to running into things when I started wearing glasses! But you do get used to them I promise.

Its understandable to be frustrated by talks of the distant future when things are so difficult and uncertain, how are you going today?

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO hehe, good to know I'm not alone Smiley Tongue

I'm still getting used to the overstimulation when I wear them, there so much detail...

I'm not going well, I had to have a doctor's appointment yesterday.

And like with most doctor's appointments it left me angry and full of a general all-encompassing hatred for humanity so that was no fun.

Seriously I swear the reason the dark side exists in Star Wars is the characters having to deal with irritating rheumatologists and psychiatrists.

Get Darth Vader a good doctor and he'd probably calm down considerably.

Highlighted

You're absolutely right that there is a lot of detail, it can be quite overwhelming at first for sure, I swear it gets easier and you will stop walking into things!

That sounds like a pretty horrible doctors appointment to have made you feel like that, was there anything in particular about yesterdays appointment that was so awful? I'm sorry they are always so hate-inducing Smiley Sad

Also this Star Wars analogy made me laugh a lot. I have to agree, a bit of compassion and help goes a long way even if you're Darth Vader.

Highlighted

Sorry @Hannah-RO, didn't get the notification there...

The rheumatologist I saw basically gave me a diagnosis that meant I had no accosiated pain. 

When at the time I saw him I was struggling to walk and in constant pain.

He just ignored it all the.... I don't even have words for him. Fucking hell.

He could've given me the correct diagnosis. He could've helped me get adequate treatment. But he just did nothing and said he couldn't help.

He left me feeling like my body was falling apart for no reason when a proper diagnosis could've saved me from that.

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  I am sorry the doctors didnt go well. doctors can be frustrating when they arent listening or understanding you properly. I have had my fare share of shitty doctors and it can be super upsetting and disheartening when all you are trying to do is get some help.  

Highlighted

@Tiny_leaf  I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with the rheumatologist. Smiley Sad It's so frustrating having to look around for doctors that are competent and have a good bedside manner. One bad appointment can cause a lot of damage. You're probably right about the Star Wars analogy. Smiley LOL