cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Feeling really low after having a really good week

Before today I've been having a really great week or so. I was a bit stressed with some things going on but over all I felt really amazing and I was on top of the world.

Today I've just been feeling so low and I have no idea how to manage these up's and downs in my mood. I feel awesome and then it just all comes down and I just can't seem to feel anything good at all. I tried reaching out to a friend but I guess they are busy so I ended up calling beyond blue just to talk me down a little. I just feel so alone and disconnected and I don't know what I can do. 

Highlighted

Re: Feeling really low after having a really good week

Hey @Kingfisher, and welcome to the ReachOut forums! Well done for reaching out for support here. It takes strength and courage to do this, and it shows how you have courage and strength. Smiley Happy❤️

I’m so sorry that you’ve been feeling so down after having a good week.
I know for me, it’s very normal. I feel very low a lot, but it does get better.

I think that this user, @Bananatime04, can relate with this experience.

It’s very good of you to have the strength to reach out to beyond blue, and well done for doing so. I haven’t always had the best experience with helplines, because they don’t really help me much. But I’m glad to hear that they’ve helped you!

Is there anything you think you need right now? I’m here to listen, and I will do what I can to support you. ❤️

// Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible” //
Highlighted

I just don't know how to deal with the up and downs. When it's good, it's super good and when it get bad it just really scares me because it's such a contrast and just comes all at once. Beyond blue didn't really help too much but it just gave me someone to talk to. I've called everyone I could think of and none of them answered. I just want to talk to someone. I feel like I'm loosing my mind.

Highlighted

I understand what you mean there @Kingfisher.

It sucks when you try to call people, and no one answers.

I’m here to listen if you wish to share, but only if you feel comfortable.

Here for you ❤️
Highlighted

The worst thing with the people I tried to call was that I knew I wouldn't be able to get real about things with them I just wanted to hear someone talk. I haven't gotten any replies back so far. 

I see I psychologist and everything and it seems like when I feel like I'm starting to understand myself a bit my mood completely shifts. I feel like I have so many versions of myself and I just don't understand what is happening to me. 

I have important things going on at the moment and I can't afford to screw up.

Highlighted

I think it's awesome you've chosen to reach out on here @Kingfisher because this is definitely a platform where you can speak freely and not feel judged about anything! I'm fairly new myself and have found it to be nothing but helpful because most people can relate and it's just so nice to hear others stories and advice. I just wanted to let you know you are definitely not alone in those crazy ups and downs!!! I experience it all the time and my god is it exhausting!!! 

I totally get what you mean when you say it's scary and you feel like you have different personalities because that is EXACTLY what it feels like! One moment you're this happy person who seems to be content and enjoying life and then the next you can't feel anything and it's like happiness doesn't even exist am I right? 

I can also relate with and sense the hurt you're feeling that no one has answered your calls? I know for me this makes me feel super alone and worthless and just feeds my negative thoughts about myself. I think it's awesome that you made the calls in the first place and you should be proud of yourself for that. And it's also great to hear you reached out to Beyond Blue. Like @xXLexi_Lou122Xx I haven't found helplines to be very helpful for me personally but that's more because I'm not good at expressing how I feel physically, I'm more of a writer (which someone from this forum has made me realise). So don't be upset if you find they aren't as helpful as you'd hoped, there are always others willing to listen and I think you've really come to the right place! 

As @xXLexi_Lou122Xx  mentioned, we are here to listen and will do whatever we can to help ❤ 

I'm just wondering if you've spoken to your psychologist about any of these feelings? And whether or not you guys have got some sort of plan in place for when the lows do really kick in? 

Highlighted

Sorry @Kingfisher, I just re-read one of your messages and wanted to note something else that stood out for me!

When you said "I see I psychologist and everything and it seems like when I feel like I'm starting to understand myself a bit my mood completely shifts." I just wanted to share with you something my psychologist is forever reminding me and trying to drill into my head and it's that therapy is not a linear process. I don't know about you but I'm extremely hard on myself and a bit of a perfectionist and so I am constantly thinking that shit should be 'fixed' by now when the truth is it's bloody far from it!! Like you, I often feel as though I'm starting to understand myself a bit better or making progress and then it's like someone completely rips the carpet out from under me. And that's why it's important to remind yourself it's not a linear process and there are going to be set backs but eventually, with the right therapy, support systems and possibly medications, you'll get there. And until then, I'm here to listen ❤

Highlighted

Sorry @Kingfisher
I fell asleep... 😅

I think @MB95 has explained pretty much what I was trying to say! It’s definitely hard when moods shift, and I completely understand what it’s like to feel like things are getting better, but then everything just crumbles.

Mental health is definitely something that takes time, and we are all here to listen if you need it.

From what I’ve read from both of you, I think we all are sort of struggling with the same sort of things. We all can be here for each other!
Highlighted

I've talked to my psychologist a little bit about it but the last time I saw her, my mood was completely different. I just want some stability in my mood.

Highlighted

I completely understand @Kingfisher.

I’ve been looking for stability in my moods for a long time now, but I guess it’s part of being human.

It used to be the same for me, when I was still seeing a psychologist. But I didn’t really pay much attention to my moods. My appointments were all based on my anxiety.

Is there anything that might help you cope with feeling low? Like practicing self-care?
I know that has helped me a lot to cope with my mood swings.