cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling really sad

I feel really sad tonight and I don’t know how to cope with it in a healthy way. I feel like I’m not real and that something terrible is going to happen, like the world is ending. I want to go for a walk or to the library for a distraction but I can’t leave the house anytime soon as I’m looking after my sister this weekend. Everything feels wrong and I can’t fix it and I don’t want to be here anymore. 

Re: Feeling really sad

Hey @DruidChild, I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough night and things aren't feeling right. It sounds like all of this is quite conflicting and worrying for you Heart I can only imagine how distressing this must be for you. If you can't leave the house, what distractions can you use at home? Are you feeling safe at the moment?

hey @DruidChild
it sounds really tough for you tonight. hugs Heart
is there any way you could take your sister for a walk or to the library with you?
i can relate to you in many ways including not feeling real, feeling like something terrible is going to happen and that everything feels wrong.
can i ask if there has something that triggerred these feelings?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Taylor-RO Thanks. I distracted myself by cooking dinner and then watching TV with my sister. I’ve tried to do some more productive stuff like journaling, colouring, but it’s made me too sad so I’ll probably just listen to a podcast for a while. 

I’m safe tonight, things have been so hard over the last couple of months though and I want to die so much of the time. But I’m so, so scared of being hospitalised again because it’s kind of terrifying being locked in. But yeah safe tonight. 

@scared01 thank you, I’m sorry you can relate, these feelings really suck Heart My sister is sick atm so probably not, but I appreciate the suggestion! I’m not entirely sure, it’s been like this a couple months now, but also the other day I got told by my psychiatrist that I’m much better than I was which is a big trigger for me as I feel like if I get better nobody will have any reason to care about me and I’ll just fade away and disappear. 

thats super tough @DruidChild
do you think speaking to your psych about how that triggerred you might be helpful in working through these emotions and thoughts? im sorry your sisters sick, maybe some movies or some colouring in together would be helpful

It was the first time seeing him @scared01 and as he’s just part of the mental health team I’m not sure if I’ll see him again. It’s a good idea to bring it up though, I’ll try to talk to my psychologist about it when I see her next! 

Luckily she’s a teenager so pretty good at occupying herself! Smiley Happy I’m just the ‘supervising’ parent rn so I can focus on distracting myself...I just wish I was better at regulating my own emotions/behaviour you know? I always seem to need someone’s help just to survive painful things and it’s hard when offline help is limited. 

Btw, I was glad to see in your thread that you had an okay and productive day, I know things are really tough right now and I’m proud of you! Heart

ah i see @DruidChild thats ok, might be worth exploring if thats something your ok with Smiley Happy
ah teens are pretty good at entertaining themselves.
yep i understand what you mean. i think with practice and time (even though thats super frustrating) we both might be able to regulate our own emotions one day.

Those are some tough feelings @DruidChild. Here for you.
Hugs.

I hope so @scared01. Sometimes I need to remember that I had 21 years of trauma/repressing what I felt/acting in and it’s okay to need help until I can learn to cope on my own. Like riding a bike with training wheels! Smiley Happy Thanks for your help tonight, I really appreciate it Heart

Thanks so much @xXLexi_Lou122Xx. Hugs. I’ve seen you working so hard to support others tonight, you’re doing an awesome job Heart