cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frienship blues

I'm friends with these girls at my school bur I don't sit with them atlunch, I just talk to them in between classes and stuff. I message one of them oniMessagespost nights, and I sent her a few messages the other night but shedidn't reply, which I thought was odd because she always replies. So I asked her a question and she answered so I was happy.She seemed the same the next day at school, but maybe justslightlyquieter. She smiled at me so I knew she want angry at me, but didn't make too much of an effort to talk to me during the day. I sent her a message that night and she didn't reply. I then sent her an apology saying if I had done something that I was sorry. She didn't reply aKronos I don't know what to do. Do I jet stop messaging her and talk to her at school. OR ignore her? Or what? Please help me,  I am reallyworried....

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Frienship blues

Well, it sounds to me like this is a very recent thing, and she's not someone you know very well or for a very long time (correct me if I'm wrong). With that in mind, there could be a lot of reasons why somebody wouldn't reply to texts, they could be busy with something, there could be something else worrying her at home, her phone might have stopped working (temporarily or otherwise)... there are loads of reasons, and without asking her about it, you'll have no way of knowing.

But I think a useful lesson for you would be to not take things so personally. If you're worried about it, ask her about it. If there is something else bothering her, maybe she'll want to talk about it, maybe not. Either way, you won't know until you ask.

thank you so much for ur reply, I hadn't really considered any of those options, I just automatically thought she was mad at me. I know her pretty well actually, but that's alright. You really helped me put it into perspective and and realize that I don't need to take things so personally. Im a bit nervous to ask her about it, but I think I will try. I was scared to put this on here because I thought people would make fun and tell me it doesn't matter, so thank you for trying to understand Smiley Happy I really appreciate it. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Hey Iwilltryharder

You are brave for posting even though you felt like you would get judge. Reachout is a place where we dont judge nothing is stupid if it is important to you. Graphiqual has offered some great advice and I hope you do get the chance to talk to your friend. 

If you do need anything else please feel free to share with us or want to join in some fun activities have a look through the forums its pretty awesome.

Hope everything works out for you Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for all the support guys, I didn't get to talk to her today because she wasn't really talking me, but if things don't change I will try again on Monday. I don't know if this sounds stupid, but I'm kinda nervous to talk to her, if you know what i mean? I'm scared of what her reaction will be, and I just want her to text me so it's not awkward at school Smiley Sad do u guys have any ideas on what to say to her? I probably sound dumb but I don't really like confrontation, but Iknow I need to talk to her. You guys have really helped me and while I still want to be her friend, I know that in the meantime I have my other friends and you guys to help me get through. Thanks for all the support

Smiley Happy

It's completely normal for you to be nervous about talking to her. When I don't get replies from people I feel nervous about beginning conversations with them again too.

If I were you, I'd begin the conversation on something general. If you have a class together you can ask about how she went/if she finished a bit of homework, if you don't maybe you know someone in the same class who can tell you if there's a test or something important which you can ask about, or even just ask her how her subjects are going.
You can start the conversation as you normally would, if you'd ask how she is then ask that!
Think of it as though one of the previously mentioned reasons is correct, and treat it as you would any other day. Do you plan out exactly what you're going to talk about before you begin talking to her or do you let it develop on it's own? Do what you normally do for now.

Good-luck!