cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going through a breakup

This was my first relationship so not sure how to cope with my feelings. He is still trying to get back with me, so idk what to do..but last nigh it seemed like he has given up

Re: Going through a breakup

Hi @Lydia-james, thanks so much for your post, and welcome to ReachOut!

I'm sorry that you are going through a difficult time right now. What are you doing to look after yourself at the moment? The fact you made this post tells me that you are strong and you can get through this tough situation. @Brendos94 is going through a similar thing at the moment, so perhaps he might be able to help you a bit more.

Please take care - I'm thinking of you Heart

Hey @Lydia-james welcome to the group.

Your first relationship is never easy as i found out even though it lasted 18 months. What happened if you dont mind me asking. Also why has he given up hope

Thank you, and just trying to distract myself atm

Hey, well he kept choosing a female friend over me, he wanted to see her new years and not spend it with me, he went over state with her twice and he seemed more into her Than a friend, was tired of being second best
Highlighted

Hey @Lydia-james, thanks for posting and I hope you're doing ok.
It's not a nice place to be in especially after a break up, and it will take some time to heal which is a really good thing.

It doesn't sound nice at all what he was doing. But you don't deserve to be treated like that either Smiley Sad sending hugs your way.
Maybe hang out with some friends over the weekend ? Whats one of your favourite things to do that might help you feel better?

I work weekends and dont exactly have friends to hang out with and thank you 

@Lydia-james What are trying to do to distract yourself with. Do what's right for you

@Esperanza67 and @T4ils do you guys have any ideas or comments that could help @Lydia-james

Hey @Lydia-james, that's unfortunate to hear about your break up Smiley Sad. I completely understand how hard it must be for you especially given that it was your first relationship. Like what @Brendos94 and @Mayaa99 have previously said, what strategies have you tried so far to help you feel better?

Perhaps you might also consider joining a social group in your area as a way to make new friends? I've also heard that there's an app called meetup which apparently is another great way to meet new people. Is that something that might help you deal with this situation?

@Esperanza67 sounds great i might check oit the app