cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Going through a rough patch

Hey @mrmusic, how are you feeling today?

We're all here to support you through this period, please know that. Smiley Happy

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hey @letitgo I’m still feeling pretty down today. I had to work this morning, and I think I did alright, although its mostly a blur now.

Thanks @Brendos94.

I guess I’m having trouble accepting myself for who I am and I don’t really know how to.

Highlighted

Hey @mrmusic, sorry to hear you're still feeling really down. Getting up to go to work must have been hard so reward yourself a bit. Just getting through every day is a good goal for now. Since you are having a hard time with future thoughts I suggest to focus on the now and try not to think about the future. I mean you try to have a good day today, tomorrow, this week so on, then the future will most likely sort itself out. 

Heads up mrmusic! 

I think self-compassion, treating ourselves with love and respect and avoiding comparison might help with our self-acceptance @mrmusic Heart

@Erin-RO Right now I’m making myself think of positive things that I have done. I don’t really believe it yet, but it’s a start I guess.

@LeoTheLion Thanks very much for being so supportive.

@mrmusic It may sound silly but fake it til you make it actually works! What can help though is challenging our negative beliefs or using positive power thoughts. You might find some of the info on this RO page challenging negative thoughts helpful Smiley Happy

@Erin-RO I know I’ll get there in the end.

hi @mrmusic if you dont mind me asking, what is it about yourself that your having trouble accepting? id like to explore this a little more and see if we can work out the source but only if your up for it of course and completely respect if you dont Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**