cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Going through a rough patch

I know how you feel @mrmusic! I start uni soon too and I’m really busy, I don’t have a whole lot of time and that doesn’t account for lack of motivation. A lot of people tell me to be organised more, so I might try and do that and make time for ‘being unmotivated’. My point was that you’re not alone and ranting can be necessary to let out a little bit of stress (and get some help!).
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

I really hope this meet-up on Saturday week goes well because I need a confidence boost...

I’m just way too emotional. I don’t have a thick enough skin to deal with bad stuff that happens, most of which is caused by me. Smiley Sad

@mrmusic it takes time and practice to build that skin. The more we use our strategies they can become easier and more effective. Therapy can also help us build the strategies to cope with emotions, there's also exercises we can practice like mindfulness to build awareness and resilience of emotion.

Remind me again if you have any support helping you (silly me can't remember right now)
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

hey @mrmusic 

its ok to be nervous but i hope saturday goes well for you and you enjoy yourself Smiley Happy

it takes time to build that thicker skin and most of it comes from experiences and being able to learn from them whether they are good or bad. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks guys so much for your support.

@redhead I only have my psychiatrist at the moment, and my next appointment isn’t for a couple of months. I’m in the process of finding another psychologist but it’s very difficult. I’m getting there though.

@scared01 I feel so frustrated that everyone else around me seems to be able to deal with stuff and I can’t.

I’m just feeling so terrible right now and I’m simply not coping with it. Smiley Sad

@mrmusic do you have any strategies to help right now.
Want to talk about it.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey @mrmusic I've just been reading what you've posted here, it certainly sounds like there is a lot going on so it's understandable that you're feeling terrible and not coping. Smiley Sad

It's awesome that you've got a psychiatrist and got an appointment, but a bummer it's a while away still. I'm glad to hear you're making process in finding a new psychologist, well done. I hope you find someone you can trust and feel comfortable with (I've read it has been a challenge for you)

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I'm going to make an appointment with the disability advisor on campus as well for this year, as I'm really struggling right now.

@Bee @redhead right now I'm doing everything I can to keep myself safe and avoid having to go to the hospital.