cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hallucinations

Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with visual hallucinations.

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: Hallucinations

Hey @redhead sorry the visual H's are back. They in full force today? Well done jumping in here and trying to seek some strategies.

One technique my friend uses is actually talking back at the voices, have you ever had a go at this? Maybe you could stay online so you feel a little less alone whilst you chat to them. Totally up to you just one idea Smiley Happy 

Where are you at the moment?

@Brre-RO it's not the voices.

And I'm out walking. And I spoke to khl about a few things but they didn't offer much about hallucinations.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead my apologies. Shame about KHL. How is the walk, helping in any way?

@Bree-RO The walked helped a bit, mainly with the anxiety. 

I made a plan with my khl counsellor to get through the evening. Gonna have a shower, watch my favourite show atm, then take the meds early and get some sleep. 

Hopefully it's enough distraction to cope. 

Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

That sounds like a solid plan, keep us updated. Super impressed you took the initiative to get tonight planned out @redhead

@Bree-RO i watched a couple of episodes, i took some meds...but im still seeing stuff. (its not as bad as last night though)
I'm getting sick of it.
going for the walk they were following me. watching scrubs and i could see stuff out of the corner of my eye. even hanging out with my friend today i was seeing stuff (not badly but still) distractions only work to a certain extent.
i dont know how much more of this i can deal with. im scared its gonna make me self harm which i dont want to do. its so unnerving when i see all this stupid shit. its also really scary.

ive tried talking to the aliens to see if there was something they could do but they are saying the only way they make the hallucinations go away is to hurt myself really bad.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead I am sorry they are saying this. I hope you listen to us and do not hurt yourself, and keep yourself safe. Do you need any medical attention or have you been able to strategise?

Just one more idea, would it be worth chatting to a counsellor on the phone and describing what you're dealing with? What sort of stuff are you feeling mainly anxiety/anger etc as a result? We're here to listen. You've done all the right things tonight, super impressed.

@Bree-RO I'll be safe even though it's really hard.
I don't feel like talking to anyone about it (well except here but I trust you guys)

And I mostly feel scared. Like what happens if what I'm seeing turns solid and hurts me, or they're ghosts and they do stuff to me, or what if it's the aliens that are making these hallucinations and they want to kill me, or the aliens hurt my dad and best mate coz I'm not doing what they say.
I'm also confused, like why now. I've been trying to figure it out but I don't know it could be a number of factors or just me being pathetic and letting the aliens do what they want.
I'm anxious it's not going to go away and get worse, I've never had visual hallucinations last this long. Like what if it never goes away.
I'm also scared this will end in a complete psychotic meltdown and I'll be locked in hospital and then miss my trio to Melbourne next week.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

That is understandable, remember @redhead you can always head to the ED as a preventative if it gets to that Heart Do you have any visions that are light or more comforting you can focus on? Or a figure/mentor that helps you? For example one of my calming mentors is... Don't laugh - Oprah! hahaha. Whenever I listen to her audiobook or watch a clip of her I am calm. Wondering if you've got anything like this? Just some ideas Heart