cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hallucinations

Hi @redhead, I just wanted to check in today to see how you're doing. Did you stay safe last night? Are you feeling a little better today?

@Danielle_RO I stayed safe, I'm 115 day self harm free Smiley Happy
I had a reasonably good day. I was busy enough that I couldn't really focus on the hallucinations, though I'm still seeing stuff, but it's died down to just moving shadows.

I'm colouring atm, I'm finding focusing on something visually absorbing helps with the hallucinations.

I'm hoping that my injection tomorrow might help a little even though it will still be the reduced dose. I'm meeting with my case manager tomorrow too.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead I only sometimes see stuff normally if it is really bad i just curl up and hide under a blanket so that they cant get me i cant still hear them then but at least i cant see them. somtimes i will also close my eyes and talk to them but that can be scary. i am glad today was better for you.

I'm really fucking over this
what is wrong with me why did the aliens pick me why do I have to keep fighting why can't I just distract myself anymore what did I do how can I make the monsters and ghosts go away why do my strategies only have a temporary fix will ... make it go away should I take the rest of my meds why

Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead i am so sorry you have to deal with all of that it must be so hard for you. and exhausting i think sometimes bad things happen to good people to even out the karma in the world like to keep a balance idk maybe that is crazy or whatever but i dont think it is your fault or anything you did. it is hard when things are so real for distractions to work i find that when you are experiencing something so intense it takes something just as intense to reverse the experience which is why distractions sometimes fail. that isnt to say you should self harm because you shouldnt but maybe stand in a freezing cold shower or do something sensory that is really intense but also safe to try and calm things down idk if i am making any sense at all but i hope you feel better soon anyway. 

It was great to hear your perspective @Eden1717, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy It's very brave of you to close your eyes and address them, even though it can be scary.

@redhead I'm just going to edit your post in regards to the mention of a type of SH, hope that's okay. It sounds like tonight is tough for you, I'm sorry that's the case. How can we help you to get through this? 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@Eden1717 I can still see things when it's pitch black because some of what I'm seeing kinda glows and I don't think a shock like cold shower would work tbh but thanks anyway I'll keep it in mind for other things.
@letitgo I don't know. This stuff is really getting to me and making night times impossible
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead that is tough not everything works for everyone but it is hard to find what does work a lot of the time. do you ever take PRN or something and does that help?

@Eden1717 I've taken maximum does of my prn this evening
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead Smiley Sad that is hard. i am sorry nothing is working. i can listen though if you want to vent or anything.