cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Hard/stressful decision

Hi @peppermintpeony, thanks 🙂 yep I've been thinking the same thing- if it's a choice between the program and being able to continue with uni I'll choose that (I do like hearing what other people would do in my scenario if I'm finding a decision hard though, thanks).

Yep the prac was really unpleasant.

Stillhaven't heard back again from uni which is quite frustrating

Highlighted

It sounds you have a lot to consider right now @hellofriend. I also agree with what peppermintpeony has posted, as I think it is a good idea to continue with your uni Smiley Happy Congratulations on being so close to finishing your Cert 3, that is an amazing achievement! I hope that you give yourself the credit you deserve for finishing your course. Here's hoping that someone from your uni gets back to you sooner rather than later and that they provide you with some helpful information Heart.
Highlighted

@hellofriend I hope they get back to you soon! It's so difficult waiting for important emails! 

Highlighted

Hey @hellofriend , been thinking of you - hope you get an answer from the uni soon. The waiting game is the WORST! 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

2 and a half weeks ago: I call the student hub, the student hub says I need to email the unit coordinator. The unit coordinator emails back (after the deadline), saying I need to contact the student hub. I call the student hub again, they say they'll forward the request on to some other body. They say I should hear back within 3-5 days. A week and a half later (today, after the program has already been running for a week) I call again to ask if there's been any progress. They put me on hold to call the other body, then tell me I'll get an outcome email from the body today. I email the autism program letting them know. At the end of the day I get an email from the student hub saying there isn't an outcome yet and including incorrect information about my situation.

Uni is so bad at this. Why.

Highlighted

That sounds very frustrating @hellofriend.. especially when there are deadlines. Hopefully there is some leeway with the deadlines especially as you have done everything you can to sort this out Smiley Happy So you are still waiting to find out whether you can delay your prac, so that you can complete the program.. is that right? Have you heard anything else from the program?
Highlighted

@hellofriend  Well done for being patient. Sounds very frustrating! Especially when they can't even get the important information right!!! Have you spoken to people from the disability support unit at uni about what's been going on? In my experience, they can be very helpful for speeding up and smoothing out admin issues like this!

Highlighted

Thanks everyone!

I just got the green light from uni so I can delay the prac and do the program 😁

Also (can't remember if I mentioned this in this thread already or not), I just passed another practical assessment for my Cert 3 ☺️

So study wise I've got three more practical assessments to do in the last week of June then I've finished my Cert 3, I'll be starting the leadership program in a couple of days, and I'll be resuming uni at the end of July. Happy with how everything's turning out

Highlighted

@hellofriend Fantastic news!

Highlighted

Ahhh I don't know how I managed to miss this @hellofriend , that's fantastic news!! Well done! 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here