cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Hello

It's my pleasure @HelloHi Smiley Happy We're all here to support each other! Mmm yeah that's understandable you have trouble trusting people with what happened in the past Smiley Sad

It's okay if you don't feel ready, I totally understand Smiley Happy But look at you, you are reaching out on ReachOut! (see what I did there?). Okay this is the second time I've made that joke on the forums... Have you ever thought about doing like online counselling via Kids Helpline? They have a number of different ways of talking to a counsellor, and I'd imagine that would feel easier than someone face to face?

Hehe they SOUND awesome but I'm not even doing them atm Smiley Sad sad reacc

I'm doing....you know I don't even know what I'm doing lol, I was doing a bachelor of psychology, got kicked out and now I'm either doing a bachelor of arts or science they haven't confirmed it with me. I'm studying psychology and latin though! And I'm in my 3rd year and don't know what I'm doing with my life (I think this is a cry for help) Smiley Tongue

I hope you're doing well too Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hi @lost_Space_Explorer5,
Thank you for understanding Smiley Happy

I love your jokes!

I have tried KHL before, but I didn't find it that helpful. They just gave me online information pages about depression, body image and something else that I can't remember, haha Smiley Happy.

I hope you do get to be able to continue ice skating and playing your piano.

I think you will get an amazing job! You are really kind, outgoing and smart. You chose really good subjects.
Latin sounds really hard.

Thank you for your kindness and support Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hehe thank you, humour is my only way of getting people to like me Smiley Wink

Awh I'm sorry you didn't find it helpful Smiley Sad They have phone counselling too, which can go into much more depth, but I realise talking on the phone can be really scary. I hope I will continue too! Aha I wish I had your optimism with getting an amazing job lol. Awh why thank you, I feel you are completely wrong though Smiley Tongue

Latin IS hard I have so many regrets but I am stuck with it I'm afraid!

Hehe you don't have to say thanks so much but it's very sweet! Naww

So you're still in school right? I think you said that sorry if I'm wrong! Do you have a favourite subject?
Highlighted

Hi Lost_Space_Explorer5,
Your sense of humour is really good. Smiley Happy

I don't feel comfortable using the phone. But here it is great to meet people that are going/have through similar things also similar age as me too.
I really think you will get an amazing job!
You are right, I am school, I don't have a favourite subject sorry.

Haha, THANK YOU AGAIN Smiley Happy
Highlighted

No favourite subject? Smiley Sad What about a LEAST favourite subject? (I swear if you easily come up with your least favourite I'm going to have to call you out as a bit of a pessimist/glass half-empty person.. don't make me do it!) Smiley Tongue Hahaha my psych asked me if I was a glass half-empty or half-full person and I was like "uh, I don't know, there's no glass? It just depends on the situation.."

Okay, okay. Maybe favourites are too specific. I can never answer 'favourite' questions. What about.. do you have any 'cool' teachers or are they all boring/mean/tired/sad (teacher stereotype there)?

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME Smiley Tongue

THANK YOU ALSO Smiley Happy (it's lovely to talk to you!)
Highlighted

Hi @lost_Space_Explorer5,
I have a least favourite subject, haha. It is science. I know I am pessimistic. I relate to this, haha.OIP.jpg 

*Rant alert* haha,

My English teacher who keeps on saying "these are my fav students and (she lists them)", which I find pretty annoying as she treats the listed people in a biased way. My math teacher hardly teaches and gives us worksheets. My science teacher is really nice, but still I don't like the subject, haha. My hums and business teacher is funny and nice. Overall I have pretty good teachers this year in comparison to last year.

How were your teachers when you were in high school? How are your teachers in uni?

Thank you for being so kind to me Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Sorry for the late reply @lost_Space_Explorer5
Highlighted

I love the cartoon lol! Wow your english teacher sounds like she has some long standing issues there... yikes. Otherwise you've got some good teachers there! Yeah my teachers were pretty good in high school (mostly in the later years). Lecturers and tutors at uni are pretty cool too but you feel much more detached to them in general? Not that I was attached to teachers in high school, I guess they were just more open and developed a certain rapport in the class. But uni is a bit more distant in my experience! Maybe it's just my uni!
Highlighted

Hi @lost_Space_Explorer5
I am glad that you have cool lecturers and tutors. I understand what you mean about attachment. Sometimes you have teachers where you can just be your complete self and don't have to change. Your right about High school teachers being open and having a rapport. with their class. With high school teachers, I guess there is more communication. I am sorry you feel detached to your uni teachers.
Haha, you are so right about my English teacher. Smiley Happy

Hope you are doing well and I am really sorry for late replies.
Highlighted

Yeah there's definitely more off topic conversations with high school teachers! Nah it's all good, I don't want to be attached to my uni professors lol

Noo that's okay, feel free to take your time replying to posts (AND you don't even have to reply if a post makes you uncomfortable, etc.!). There's no pressure on the forums, and we want you to feel like this is a safe place! Smiley Happy

How have you been traveling lately Hey-Hello-Hi? Smiley Tongue