cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Help?

@Mrstweety5482

I'm so sorry to hear that you're in such a difficult situation, and I can begin to understand why you are so concerned about what might happen and how your partner might react. 

I wanted to ask if you've ever told anyone in real life about what's happening and explained your partner's controlling behaviour to them? I am concerned about you and what you've told me and I just want to make sure that you are in a safe position right now. 

I know it may seem difficult, but if you feel unsafe around your partner it might be best to give him some space, and avoid spending time alone with him. I also really really want to encourage you to tell someone about what's going on right now. Whether that's a parent or teacher, or even the police if you are feeling concerned for your own (or someone else's!!) safety. I also really recommend contacting 1800respect. They're a support service for those who are impacted or might be impacted by abuse or violence, and their counsellors are highly trained and knowledgeable about such things. They're available 24/7 through either online chat, or via phone. 

@Mrstweety5482 that sounds so difficult...

Please try to stay safe for now.

There are a few things you might be able to do, from contraception to breaking up from him and more. Would it help to talk through possible options with someone?

Also I don't know if you're interested in resources but I can find you some specific websites if you want.

I can’t do it I’m over

@Mrstweety5482 what do you mean?

And are you safe rn?

@Mrstweety5482 is there anything you need at the moment? 

Highlighted

Hi @Mrstweety5482 

Are you okay? You said "I can't do it I'm over" which could be referring to a whole range of things, but because it is a mental health forum, some users seem to think the worst. 

Are you able to confirm your safety for us? If you are unsafe right now, could you please call KHL on 1800 55 1800 or emergency services on 000. The reason we ask this is because as an online forum, we are not well-equipped to deal with crisis situations. It is possible that you weren't even referring to a crisis in your last post, but just thought I'd let you know in case. 

@Tiny_leaf thanks for checking in with @Mrstweety5482 but try not to stress - they could have been referring to anything. Heart