cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone TW

I've not been around because I've had a lot going on. It's a long story. 

On Monday night I tried to kill myself in hospital, because of this they put me in HDU then discharged on Tuesday because they said hospital couldn't help me. As soon as I got home I attempted to take my life again, but a lot more seriously. I ended up in emergency a few hours later and I was pretty sick. I don't remember that night. The next day I had surgery. On Thursday I was cleared and discharged.

Rn I feel down, I'm in a lot of pain and keep thinking about what they said to me on Tuesday. They said they can't help me anymore. It's like they put me in the too hard basket, gave up on me. I give up on me too... 

I know I could I could be better
-The Devil Wears Prada

Re: Hi everyone TW

I'm sorry to hear how difficult things have been for you @redhead. It sounds like this week has presented some pretty tough challenges that would be taking a massive toll on you both physically and mentally. 

While I wasn't there to hear what the HDU staff said, I'm hoping they may have meant that they had done all they can to heal you physically and that you may need further support that they can't offer to help address what's going on for your mental health? 

Either way just know that no one at RO is giving up on you and we are here to listen and support you through this. Are there any self-care strategies you could use tonight to try and help manage the pain and feeling down?

@Erin-RO it was the psychiatrist that said that. Even my outpatient psychiatrist doesn't know what to do. The catt team just rang and told me its my fault I'm like this. I fucking give up.
-The Devil Wears Prada

It sounds like you're in quite a vulnerable space tonight @redhead, which is understandable considering what you're going through. Do you feel like maybe some one-to-one support through a helpline might be helpful right now?

I don't know what to say anymore. No one can help me. I can't even help myself. I should have died last week.
-The Devil Wears Prada

@redhead sorry to hear you are feeling this way. We are glad you are still here with us and are here to listen and support you Heart. What are you up to today and are you able to keep yourself safe? 

I havent really done anything today. And I don't know if I can keep safe. I just rang lifeline but it didn't help.
-The Devil Wears Prada

I don't know if I should go to staff. I'm scared I'll end up in hospital again. And hospital said they can't help me anymore so what even the fucking point.
-The Devil Wears Prada

@redhead it's great that you took the initiative to contact Lifeline. What are some other self-care and coping strategies you can try? If you are still not feeling safe we would encourage you to let staff know as they'll be in the best position to help you. 

@Lan-RO I'm scared.
-The Devil Wears Prada
Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 10 members 128 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: