cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi

Hi
My name is jack I'm from Melbourne, im 20 and eheadspace said this would be good site for me at the moment
Where do I start about whats been happening??

My brother is in hospital at the moment in intensive care, on life support. He's done a heap of drugs for years then then last week he took heaps of different things and did all this stuff. They told us that if he makes it he will rely on 24/7 care and and will basically be unable to function on his own. I am so scared and confused and im upset I cwntveven think straight

how has it gotten to thisbpont and what happens now my family has to make this decision and i cant bear to think about it 

im angry at him nbut then i know i shouldnt be right now there is nothing we can do about this

Re: Hi

Hi jack, what tragedy and sadness you and your family must be feeling at this moment in all your lives. When unfortunate things happen within the family or to our loved ones, it is hard to accept, and we quite often don't fully understand 'why'. Over-dosing is a hard behavior to justify. A moment of stupidity, 'not thinking' peer pressure, emotional turmoil and the list can go on and on.

The only thing may I suggest to you Jack, is to focus on the best outcome for your brother and be there for him, hold his hand and stay focused on calming the incredible fear your brother is going through. Let the tragedy become a noteworthy incident and learn from it. Life and people can be tough. Be supportive, ( which I'm sure you are ) to your family and take things slow. Adjustments will be made to all of you, because of this tragedy, but it will ignite a stronger bond between you all as a family unit. You all will cope - it will be hard but not impossible.  Seek help and support, ask the tough questions if you feel the need to, and stay focused. It is a time for being together and taking one step at a time. All the best. A little prayer (in private) can help find hope in what must seem a hopeless situation.

@Friday
I have been wirh him all day
Just sittin there

I cried the whole way home
Highlighted

Hi @Jckhasset 

I'm so very sorry about your brother. That's a horrible, tragic situation for him, you and your family to be in. There's nothing that can be said that will make this any easier for you guys. Having someone you love struggle with drug use can be incredibly hard but when that turns into an overdose that has life longs effects, then that's when you need to get as much support as you can.

It's great that you were recommended trying Reach Out, and you did. Another option you could try is Family Drug Support. They are a website and phone counselling service that deal specifically with family members of drug users. They know exactly what it's like to feel love and anger at the same time, to the same person. That you can be heart broken and really mad. Sometimes it's helpful to talk to people who have been through it too.

How do you go talking to your family? Does that help?

@NigioC i havent talked to mum and dad about it alot as they already have so much on their plate dealing witn this but i have a younger brother and a younger sister, we all support each other but i guess we just dont talk about it because its too hard 

i feel empty this doesnt seem real hes only 18 how does this happen 

im so scared Cat Indifferent

Hi @Jckhasset 

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through right now. I can't even imagine how difficult that must be for you. I'm so glad you are talking to someone at eHeadspace because it can really help chatting to a professional when you're going through a rough time. I know it helps me to chat to someone about what i'm going through.

While I don't have an answer to your situation at home, i'm wondering if this list of coping skills may help you when you're feeling confused, angry or upset. It talks about ways to try and get your emotions out and get through tough times. For example, "writing it all down".

Why don't you read over this when you have some time and see what you think? Remember that we are always here for you at Reach Out and you can always post to us if you're having a hard time - and there is the headspace team too.

lanejane

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

When words fail you, when you don't know what to do or say, - please reach out to whoever you thinks needs it - and hug - do it when you need that re-assurance, as much as you want. Don't hesitate, Do it for yourself, human contact can be more powerful at times of need when words just don't help. Be strong