cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Holy fuck (TW: Distressing Video Content)

I just saw a video on Facebook and it wasn’t censored and it was a video of an Indigenous person getting hurt

someone please help me

Re: Holy fuck

@Saltwaterdreamtime shit.. that must've awful, I'm so, so sorry you had to see that.

Do you know what you need right now, or any self care activities that might help you in the short term? 

I feel like I can’t breathe

@Saltwaterdreamtime one thing I do when I feel that way is to hold my breath for a little while, so I feel in control of it again. When I'm ready, I breath out for 4 seconds, breath in for 4 seconds, and then keep doing the 4 second breathing for a while. 

No I’m sorry

That's okay, it doesn't work for everyone.

Would you like a distraction for a bit? 

@Saltwaterdreamtime  I'm really sorry you had to see that. That's awful. Smiley Sad Hopefully someone can report the video and get it taken down.

Hi @Saltwaterdreamtime, I'm so sorry you had to see that video. That must have been so distressing to see.

We're here to listen and support you, but if you need to talk to someone one on one, please reach out to Lifeline 13 11 14 or KHL 1800 55 1800.

Please let us know how you're doing Heart

P.S. Just quickly, I've actually edited the first post just to be mindful of the impact of this to the rest of the community. Rest assured that you didn't break any guidelines. I hope you understand. Heart

EDIT 12/06/19: After some discussion between mods and staff, we have now put the original post back in.

@mrmusic I'm just wondering, is there another way of putting it so that people still know roughly what has happened?

Sorry to bring his up with you, and I definitely understand the point of doing it, but I feel like some of the details might be important to the discussion, otherwise @Saltwaterdreamtime probably wouldn't have included them...

Would something like a trigger warning help instead maybe?

I'm sorry if I said some of that wrong or something and I don't mean any disrespect to you at all, I just thought it might be important to bring up..

Hey @Tiny_leaf, no problems bringing this one up. Smiley Happy We've been having a few discussions about that this morning, so I'll wait for @Andrea-RO to re-edit the post. It is quite hard to judge these kind of threads, and I didn't get it right last night. I apologise if this caused you or @Saltwaterdreamtime any problems. Heart

Thanks again - feedback like this is very much appreciated as it helps us make the forums the best they can be Heart