cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Home Alone

Anyone left at home by themselves and get paranoid as fuck?

Highlighted

Re: Home Alone

Yup.
Highlighted

@FootyFan26 yes this happens to me sometimes Smiley Sad found anything that helps you stay calm when you feel paranoid?
Highlighted

CONGRATS ON 1000 POSTS!!!!!!

Not really, it just seems like some weird thing that I have to get over. I usually just wait till someone gets home and then it's generally okay. The cats are great to hang out with unless they look like they hear or see things that you can't in which case it scares the absolute shit out of me. Smiley Surprised
Highlighted

This happens to me as well, especially at night. Although I've kind of grown up with it now, a few good tips and tricks for helping you with this is turning tv or radio on, it can make you feel like you're not alone at all, I sometimes just have a show running all day Smiley Tongue

Also try to stay active, listen to music, read and book, colouring in or even playing some games.

Of course and I've used this last method quite a bit, skyping or calling a friend or family member. 

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 same here! Usually I'm fine during the day. I take the time alone to do sneaky things like eat a whole packet of chips to myself or a whole bar of chocolate and watch cartoons on the good tv Smiley Tongue
Same at night but I don't like going to bed and sleep when it's just me at home (my brother doesn't count)
I usually just wait for my parents to get home then go to bed Smiley Tongue
Highlighted

When my brother's in his room it doesn't count either Smiley Very Happy. If I can hear him wandering around and can tell it's him then it's generally okay.

I find it a bit bizarre that as soon as the house is quiet it's scary but when there's more noise then it's okay. I guess because you're around familiar people it's a bit better.
Highlighted

When it gets quiet sometimes sounds can be louder and seem out of place than when it's noisy, which is why I prefer there to be some kind of noise going on.
Highlighted

Yes home alone time for sure a bit of paranoia can set in @FootyFan26 Do you find too that regular sounds (ie. creaking) seem a tonne louder? This is why I enjoy having a dog!

Highlighted

Yeah @Bree-RO. My cats are helpful sometimes, dogs would probably be much more alert though.