cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Honestly whats the point? I cant control my anxiety & therapy might not help.

Hi @Mayaa99 

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I got my ATAR today, I got 92.45Smiley Very Happy I'm happy with that. 

Japanese has been going well, I think. I picked it up because I found it interesting and I'm interested in the culture, I also watch a lot of anime.

Re: Honestly whats the point? I cant control my anxiety & therapy might not help.

@Alec29

WOWZER ALEC. thats awesome!! so very proud of you, well done for all that hard work! I'm glad its something you're happy with Smiley Happy

Thats good, have you learnt Japanese before? That's cool! Smiley Happy Are you watching anything in particular these days?

Hi @Mayaa99

Thanks yeah I worked hard for my ATAR, oh its actually 94.70 including bonus points hopefully I get accepted into the courses I want to do.

No I haven't studied Japanese before, though I did Chinese for over 11 years and I hated it it was compulsory at school. Im not really watching anything specific just finishing off some tv series I havent finished.

Wow, @Alec29, congratulations on your ATAR, that's brilliant!! Well done!!

Have you considered tutoring as a job? I struggled to find a job after year 12 and I was avoiding getting m licence because I was scared of driving and tutoring was do-able, even if it was only a few hours a week.  

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hi @letitgo 

Yes I have considered tutoring I really enjoy teaching others, however I have no clue how to get a job tutoring. I have looked online and done some research however it seems that people mainly want Uni students or graduates and why would any one hire me over someone in Uni?

Hey @Alec29 WOW WOW WOW super congrats on your ATAR!giphy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hello Alec29,

how are you doing? Have you begun therapy? 

I can really really relate to the hypochondria and panic attacks. As someone with various anxiety disorders, it's tough. I'm so glad the meds are working. If you haven't begun therapy yet, you could try going on youtube and typing in 'meditation for anxiety.' Meditation has been shown to be beneficial for individuals with anxiety. It helps us to centre ourselves in the present and not let our mind get the better of us. Also some soothing music could help to calm you down when you do feel very anxious or panicky. Something that has helped me is knowing that an anixety attack or panic attack is temporary. It will pass. Breathing techniques really help to put your frontal lobes (in charge of the logical, present, executive function type things) into gear again (as the amygdala and hippocampus (emotion mostly) take over and release lots of fight-flight neurotransmitters that give off such unpleasant physical symptoms. Breathe in for 6secs, hold for 8 and release for 11 secs (and repeat however many times you feel necessary).

Anxiety is debilitating, and hypochondria on top of that makes you feel so helpless. Try writing down exactly what you're feeling, like get really specific. Maybe include how long you've been feeling a certain thing for. Writing something down onto something physical and putting it out of your head can help.

Most importantly, you can do this. You aren't whining. This is very very real for you and how you are feeling is valid. You are very very strong admitting all this, seeking help for this. Anxiety can make you feel like you are completly loosing control. But with time, and practise, you can get control of it. You can do this!!