cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I apologise to my best friend after a falling out?

I've been friends with this girl who I consider my sister we tell each other everything and I can always count on her. We only became friends last year but we have been friends for nearly two years and I still trust her with my life. Although this year we've had our fair share of disagreements, arguments, misunderstanding. We've recently had one and she hasn't spoken to me hardly hangs out and speaks at all. When I do get to talk to her she is always saying how I'm rude and how I say things that hurt or offend people yes that can be true but I don't intend on it. Also how I take my jokes to far you see I'm the type of person who doesn't see that I don't intentionally make jokes to hurt someone. I've said sorry a couple of times but they don't sound good enough I need help on how to apologise properly and advice on how to get our friendship back I feel like I'm the only one who still cares and is still trying. You see I know some people are telling me just to let it go but you see i have trust issues and not a lot of friends but she's one of the best she's important to me. 

Please help give ,e some advice.

thankyou.

😁

Re: How do I apologise to my best friend after a falling out?

Hey @Always confused

Welcome to ReachOut.com. I've had to remove your other post, as it seemed to double-post! Hope that's ok. 

Sorry to hear that you've fallen out with your friend - it sucks when you lose a pal who's super important to you. Smiley Sad

It sounds like you've made a conscious effort to apologise and to learn from your mistakes too. You also seem self-aware of your actions and what may have made her upset. As a part of learning from your mistakes, it can be difficult to know when you've crossed the line. Sometimes, our jokes can hurt others - even if we don't intend them to be. It's important to acknowledge that and know not to touch on that subject again, rather than keep on going and assume that it's funny. 

Do you think that asking if she's willing to chat to find out why? You've said that she's told you that you've been rude and offensive, so it looks like she has no issues with calling you out on it. I think that communication would be worth talking to her about too and see what you can do to improve the friendship. You can check out tips for communicating and listening skills worth having for more info. 

I would just tell her that she is important to you and that you have noticed she hardly wants to hang out anymore and ASK what you can do to repair your relationship.

Thank you @Myvo

ill will try it.

and sorry didn't mean to post it twice. 😊

@Misssy2Thanks I'll try 😊

i dont know whether this thread is still going but can i just say to @Always confused this:

i had an issue with a friend where we both really didnt get each other and something that helped was having someone next to us to talk it through. We had a teacher that we both liked and trusted sat down and helped us talk through. She allowed us to be able to say what we want to say but alsokind of mentored us through the conversation.  hope this helps

@hopethepiano

That's a really cool idea! 

What do you think @Always confused? Let us know how you go Smiley Happy