cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I explain this

I want to stay off my medication for a while. Sunday night I had to cease my meds because I was unsafe and now I don't want them back. I feel good. I feel real good. The meds will make me foggy, make me forget and make me not have this high. 

So how do I convince my dr and my CM I want to explore different avenues for my treatment. I am the patient afterall 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: How do I explain this

Hey there @redhead,

Have you brought this up with your dr or CM at all yet? Choosing to stay off your medication for awhile is a big decision. You mentioned you stopped them on Sunday night, have you had any since then? The biggest issue that can arise from staying off medication is withdrawal symptoms. As you said, you are the patient and what you want to do is important to how you continue treatment.

One thing I always find helpful when making a big decision or change is to draw up a pros and cons list. While you've already made the decision, the list could be helpful to give to your dr and/or CM to show them that you've thought about it. What do you think?

Also, I read in your other thread that you have purple hair now? Which is awesome by the way, purple is an awesome colour Smiley Happy

@Jay-RO I just got out of meeting with my case manager. My CM said there was nothing she said could do to force me to stay on my meds, it's my choice but I have live with consequences irregatdless of what I do. We had a good discussion about pros and cons actually. She's going to book an appointment with dr next week.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hi @redhead it’s so great to see that you’ve done this responsibly by speaking to your case manager and making an appointment with your doctor! That’s really important when making any medication-related decisions! 

I recently just came off my medication too. It’s been a hard road for me to adjust without them but it sounds like you were feeling really well, is that still the case? The most important thing is that you are happy, healthy, and safe. For me this means keeping track of my mood in order to notice signs that I might need my medication again. Are you doing anything like this? What plans do you have in place to stay well? Keep us updated if you can Smiley Happy 

So update on this.

I'm not allowed to stop my meds from the pdoc, my case manager caught the pdoc at the end of the day abd I'm getting reviewed Monday to talk properly with the pdoc on Monday. Let's hope my mood stay like this. I'll be so pissed off if I wake up tired.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead, this sounds frustrating! I want to echo @Libellule's comments earlier, that we are really proud of you for speaking to your CM about this. Heart

How are you feeling about all of this now?

Annoyed. Apparently I'm too manic and can't have rational choices.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead That sucks. Smiley Sad What are you up to now?

I bought Assassins Creed odyssey today so I'm installing it and gonna play for a bit @mrmusic and listen to music.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead
Assassins Creed Odyssey is supposed to be amazing!
Please let me know if it's good Smiley Very Happy