cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I explain this

@missep Odyssey is good, thou I'm still getting used to the controls I was playing number 1 just beforehand.

I had a proper meeting with my psychiatrist today. I'm not allowed to stop my meds.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

hi @redhead Heart how are you feeling after the meeting with your psychiatrist the other day? It sounds like this has been a frustrating process for you but i'm so proud of you for speaking to your CM and psychiatrist about this Smiley Happy

@linkinpark13 it's ok, I'm annoyed I can't stop my meds but only reason I wanted to stop them is so I can go really manic.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead that does sounds like really a tricky situation Smiley Sad were you planning on sticking with your doctor's advice for now, even if it wasn't quite what you were hoping for? what are your thoughts on it all? 

Here for you xx

@elca34 I'm refusing to take my meds now. They can get fucked.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

hey @redhead i can hear how frustrated you're feeling right now, and i understand that it's your choice.
That being said, it really is a big deal to stop taking medication, how do you feel about holding on to that decision for a little while? Maybe sleeping on it? I know someone mentioned earlier writing up a list of pros and cons to taking your meds, do you think that could help you think it over?

Highlighted

@redhead While I fully support people deciding for themselves about wether or not that take meds.... I just think you should be careful I have done the whole refuse to take meds while manic thing and it didn't end well not necessarily because of the mania but I ended up getting forced to take them and that is honestly terrible especially when the meds are making you feel worse and while I am not saying you should or shouldn't take them I just think be cautious because it would suck for things to get traumatic for you because doctors have so much power. Idk this is probably not what I should be saying but meds aren't the only thing in the world and you should have the right to choose but that isn't always how it works out. Be careful and don't do anything that will get you hurt. 

On on a side note though mania isn't all bad and as long as you are reasonably in control then it can be managed and damn it feels good. But again it has its risks. 

Good luck 

how are you feeling about everything today @redhead ?

whenever I experience big feelings like this I always find that sleeping on it helps me, let us know how you're doing Heart