cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I Don't think my boyfriend treats me right

Thanks so much your advice really helped me through dealing with my unhealthy relationship. I appreciate it everyone who gave me advice it was quite helpful

Highlighted

Hey @Hicks, just wanted to say thanks for saying thanks Smiley Happy

I hope things become a little easier as time goes on and that @Kit's suggestions help that be the case. We're always here to talk Smiley Happy

Highlighted

When I broke it up I thought I ended, but unfortunitly he doesn't want to let me go. However I will not let him tell me that without him I am nothing. I know I can do better than the way he treated me so I know I don't want to stay in the relationship. He says he wants to stay friends but every time we talk he tries to make me come back to the relationship.

Highlighted

That can be really hard, @Hicks. The most difficult part is when its not mutual. Have you told him that you might need some space before the friendship? Whether yoy are comfortable with being friends again or not, space is always great after difficult times like this for many people.
Do you think that is a possibility?
we are what we repeatedly do - aristotle
Highlighted

I've told him we can be friends as long as he never tries to date me again. And he doesn't like the idea that we will never go out again.

@Hicks I'm glad to hear you've stayed firm and have clearly expressed what you want. I know it can be hard when someone is trying to pressure or influence you to succumb to their wants over your own. Hopefully you both can be friends one day, but right now it seems a little too fresh for your ex and he's not able to accept it's over. So maybe creating a bit of distance between you both could give him some time to come to terms with everything.