cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am depressed all the time and I don't know why

I have been really struggling lately, and I have no idea why. It's like my brain decides that everything I do is worthless, and that I am just a waste of space. I get good grades at school, I have a few good friends, and a caring dad. I got a ps4 for Christmas, even though we can't really afford it right now. Am I ungrateful? Why can't I stop crying over the smallest things, and feeling like complete crap and lonely even when there are people right next to me? I feel like even if I had everything I ever wanted, I would still feel the same way. What is wrong with me??

Re: I am depressed all the time and I don't know why

Hey @Bwana01 welcome to the RO community Heart 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling this way. I think you've shown some major bravery in sharing your story here, which is always a big first step for anybody feeling this way.

We have a few members online at the moment I'd like to introduce you to...

@j95 @Brendos94 @lolajane221

- Erin-RO

Hi thank you for sharing your story that's really brave I don't have a lot of advice for you but I just wanted to say I understand 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

hello 

i'm sorry to hear your feeling like this!

I used to suffer bad anxiety/depression and cry over random little things as well. It is hard to over come what your feeling as the brain is so powerful but is very possible to do so with a little help. You have taken the first step in dealing with what your feeling as you have recognised something is wrong and you have seeked advice which you should be proud of yourself for doing. Through my experience talking to someone like a psychologists, doctor or someone your really close to about how you feel and what is going through your mind is very helpful. Maybe try and write down the stuff that is making you unhappy or upset to work out why you feel like this.@Bwana01

Heya @Bwana01, just checking in with you as it seems like things have been pretty tough lately Smiley Sad  Like @ami-lee I'm also wondering if you've spoken to anyone else about how you're feeling? (It could be a doctor, or a friend, or even a pet)