cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I am having a hard time

Hi @Eden1717 , 

I'm really sorry to hear that last night was triggering with your family. I loved your idea of a hug service that you shared with @Bananatime04 , it sounds like maybe you could use that service too? 

I really admire how you're able to give so much help and compassion to this community even when you are having a rough time yourself, it shows that you're a really special person. Is there anything the community can do to help support you at the moment? I hope you were able to get some good rest in the end, and hope that today is a better day for you Heart Heart 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO  A hug service would freak me out I have ocd and don’t even like hugs from friends or family let alone a stranger. I got some sleep eventually but I am still feeling on edge I am not sure that there is anything specific anyone can do on here, I guess it is just nice to feel like people are listening.

i am still struggling with my eating issues and it is getting really intense plus a friend on Facebook posted something really triggering as well last night and now I have to avoid facebook for a while because I don’t want to see it. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 

Thanks for letting us know what does and doesn't sit right with you. I bet there would be many people who would also totally freak out with the hug service. I think that is just a testimony to how unique we all are - different things work for different people. 

I'm glad to hear you eventually got some sleep. Are there any techniques you've looked into for quietening/distracting from the voices, or any that have worked for you in the past? I can chuck some up on a thread we have on ways to cope with voices If you think that would be helpful to you, when you're struggling to get to sleep/in general. 

I hear you with the eating issues and social media definitely doesn't help. Being randomly exposed to peoples harmful views is annoying at best and damaging at worst. A social media break can be really useful when there's a lot going on for you. Good on you for making your well-being a priority. 

Highlighted

Hi @Eden1717, sorry for jumping on this post a little late and I don't mean to barge into the conversation but I just wanted to say that I am so in awe of you being able to share so much of yourself with this community.

Just being brave enough to be this open and share with us your experiences is inspiring. 

I hope the lovely people who have been posting on this thread have been able to help you in some small way. Even though you are having a tough time you sound like you are so resilient and you should be so proud of yourself for making it through each day, it's all any of us can do Heart

I hope you are able to get some restful sleep tonight and keep reaching out here if you need 

Sorry I haven't really been engaging @Eden1717, as you know I've been struggling a lot lately so guiltily haven't had the energy in me to support others as I often would. But I do agree and think that a break from social media might help relieve some of your emotions. Without realising it, it can be so damaging. I took myself off it for almost 4 months at the end of last year and I found it helped a little. Didn't cure anything obviously, but it helped to not have so many triggers shoved in my face. And now that I'm back on it at the moment (mainly for house/furniture hunting reasons) I have noticed a huge decline in my mental health. I'm not saying social media is the cause but I know for me it really doesn't help with my health. So it could be worth taking a break for a bit? Thinking of you ❤

Highlighted

@Bre-RO @MB95 @recharging_introvert  thank you all for the replies. 

I wasnt able to avoid facebook today because there was an emergency level fire not far from me so had to keep checking for updates. I did see another post from that person and it wasn’t great I just personally feel that Facebook is not the place to be talking about that not because we shouldn’t be able to share our lives or because you should be ashamed but because it can be really harmful to others and you should be considerate of other people online. 

I am still really struggling with the eating issues and i am really stressed about it. And because I am stressed about that and other things I keep having issues with certain thoughts and experiences and I am struggling to stay engaged with the ‘real world’. I think that is why I keep coming online at night because it keeps me kind of attached to something. If I am not doing anything at night things get messy and I end up very scared. 

@Bre-RO  About the voices I just constantly have other noise around me eithe music or tv or a fan or anything that I can blame random sounds on. That and I usually just listen or if they are saying something that is scaring me I just try and do something else and tell them that I can’t listen right now. 

Highlighted

I had a bad night. I had another panic attack and now I can’t stop thinking about things that a scary for me I am trying really hard to keep it together but I feel really on edge and I just don’t know what to do. 

Highlighted

Oh @Eden1717 that would have been really hard to see that persons opinions shared on Facebook. That is the difficult thing with social media, we tend to be exposed to so many opinions/thoughts that we maybe wouldn't otherwise. 

When you say that you're struggling with eating, I really feel for you. It is such an emotionally taxing experience to go through. I hope you continue to use this space as a way to keep grounded. We value you being here, a lot. 

Also, sounds like you've worked out some great ways of distracting from the voices but also acknowledging them when you're comfortable to do so. I know we have said this over and over but your resilience and resourcefulness is really unique. 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO  It isn’t just the eating that is a big problem now there is something else that is bothering me a lot now as well but idk if I can talk about it. There is also an emergency level fire close to my home now and really bad weather conditions so everything is very intense some of my sisters friends and people who work with my mother have been evacuated. We are half packed in case it gets closer and we have to go. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 Smiley Happy
Just checking in to see how you’re going now Heart
I’m here if you want to chat about anything. Do you mind telling me why you don’t feel like you can talk about what’s bothering you? If it’s not to do with breaking the guidelines please know there is absolutely no judgement here and we will be happy to support you through whatever it is you’re going through Heart but if it is to do with the guidelines there’s always kids helpline, beyondblue, lifeline, eheadspace and other services that can explore your issue deeper.

Sorry that you are close to areas affected by bushfires.. how are you coping with them?

We’re here for you!