cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Re: I am having a hard time

@Eden1717  Well done for calling a helpline! It must have taken a lot of courage to reach out and I'm glad that it helped. Smiley Happy
I'm really sorry that your parents stressed you out though. Smiley Sad Is there anything that you can do to distract yourself?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy  I am trying to watch the tv but idk I am still really stressed everything is just a lot right now. 

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 , how are you doing today?  

It's great to hear that you called a new helpline, and I'm so glad you found it useful. What have you been watching on TV at the moment? 

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO  Today has been difficult I am still really struggling with the eating stuff and everything else and idk I just feel really weird and I think having not had a psychologist for the last like 2 months has made things hard the old psych didn’t even help me find a new one and now no one is taking because of this virus stuff. Everything is just a mess and I am so like I just feel really weird and not right and idk how to explain it. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717, it makes total sense that you're really struggling with eating disorder stuff for the moment. It can be really hard to cope during stressful times, and a lot of people find that chronic mental health issues can be more pronounced because of this. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be for you right now, not having a regular psychologist. It would be really hard to find a new therapist during this pandemic, so I can understand why you're having so much trouble finding one. While I can't make any guarantees, I do know that the Federal Government have introduced extra funding for psychologists to practice telehealth. This, hopefully, might mean that there will be more available spots that psychs can offer. 

Do you have any notes or homework that your old psych had left you? It might be helpful to go over some of the stuff that has helped you cope in the past. I know that you are an incredibly strong person, and have already overcome a lot of really hard experiences in your past. It might be good to lean on your past self and let them help you in the present Heart

Highlighted

@Andrea-RO  The problem is finding one who is willing to work with someone who has complex issues and who is available soon. I Have a few things from my old psych but they aren’t really helping with what is going on now. That is the problem nothing is helping with what is going on now and even the stuff that used to help a little isn’t helping anymore. I just really don’t know what to do and I am scared that even if I do manage to tell a professional something they won’t listen and will ignore me and just do what is “supposed to help” not what actually might. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717  I know how hard it's been for you to find the right support for you, and it must be exhausting having to go through that process again with so much uncertainty at the moment and the added stress of world events. 

It can be difficult to find skilled mental health professionals who can work with complex issues and I really feel you with that. The government has recently announced that they will be making rebates for telehealth services for mental health professionals much more accessible and widely available, and I'm hoping that might be something that could work in your favour - I know your Dad has helped you with service access in the past, do you think he might be willing to have a search for telehealth providers that might be a good fit? 

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

@Janine-RO  my dad has never helped me with anything like that in fact he doesn’t even know that I am not seeing a psychologist anymore or what my mental health issues are. We don’t talk about that, we hardly talk about anything except the weather, current events and general everyday stuff. So idk who’s dad you are thinking of but it certainly isn’t mine. And even if there is telehealth rebates that doesn’t help me find a professional who is actually helpful or good.... I am not even thinking about cost right now I am just trying to find someone who doesn’t make things worse. 

Highlighted

I am really struggling atm I feel really anxious and not good.

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717 

It sounds like you and your dad have quite surface-level conversations - is that how it's always been? Do you like it that way?

You also seem to be struggling to find the right professional. You mention lots of psychologists not being helpful or good for you. I'm wondering, what do you want in a professional?