cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: TW: Re: I am having a hard time

Feeling anxious is the worst...Smiley Sad...does deep breathing help or nah?

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  My dad and I have never been close he hasn’t been close to any one in the family since after an incident, I mean I would like a more deep relationship but I don’t think that is possible.  As far as professionals I just want someone who will listen and support me and not make assumptions based on no evidence. Breathing doesn’t help at all. I am just feeling really really horrible and I feel like things are happening that are not going to lead to good things and idk how to make it stop. 

Highlighted

I see @Eden1717, I appreciate you sharing that about your dad.

What are you worried it might lead to?

What can I do to best support you right now? I'm happy to chat about anything Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  I am having a really bad time with my eating disorder and everything else that has been happening over the last few days is getting worse and I am struggling so much with the food that I keep feeling like the only way to stop is if I am gone and I just feel really bad. 

Highlighted

Aw Smiley Sad it must feel really awful to feel like the only way to get rid of the symptoms is to no longer be here. Do you feel like you are going to act on those thoughts tonight or are they just kind of sitting there but you aren't going to act on them?

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  They are just sitting for now but I just feel really on edge like I can’t control it and I just want to cry everything is a huge mess and like I don’t know how many more days I can be like this. 

Highlighted

@Eden1717- Do you think that if things get worse, you could tell someone about how you're feeling?

It all sounds really overwhelming Smiley Sad

I'm here to sit with you through these awful feelings.

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  Maybe I am going to try and just sleep tonight but idk I just I keep laying in bed for hours after I wake up just so I don’t have to think about eating. Like I guess the other thing that is getting to me is that I already know no one is willing to try and even help with this and the thought that I am stuck inside which is making this so much worse and will be stuck like this for possibly months like I can’t do this for months. 

Highlighted

Yeah, it sounds like you're feeling trapped and that you feel like no-one can help you, which are two not-very-nice thoughts to have. I can understand those thoughts might be making you feel quite hopeless right now.

You've had periods/moments where things were better, and you had your mental health under better control, right? So, do do you think it might be useful to tell yourself that you can reach that place again, like even though it feels so impossible and far away, that there is no reason to say why you can't reach there again, and maybe try holding onto that positive thought for tonight, before you go to bed?

If not, I also think sleeping sounds like a good idea Smiley Happy.

Highlighted

@Maddy-RO  Idk like things were never really better I just had other things to focus on and more options for distractions but now everything is just gone and idk I can’t even explain it atm. I think I will just have to hope I can get some sleep.