cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I can't... I just wanna not be here...

School and the pressure of parents expecting me to be at a level of high regards in terms of marks has made me a nervous, crying mess. I have been trying all of the methods to keep me calm and focused but I can't. My dad expects me to write an oral and present it to him (for English class) but I honestly cannot stop feeling like he'll be so judgemental of it. His vision of me is so old timey and doesn't get how I'm feeling even though I've tried to tell him about how I feel.

Highlighted

Re: I can't... I just wanna not be here...

Hi @Jeplar , that sounds like a heck of a lot of pressure! 

It can so rough when you're getting all this pressure from school, and at home as well.  

Good on you for trying all the calm methods - but it sucks when they don't work. 

Sounds like need to feel less pressured and stressed in order to actually get the work done. 

How did you try to tell your dad what you were feeling? 

Have you spoken to your mum about this as well? 

I'm also wondering where "here" is, when you say that you don't want to be here? 

Hi again @Jeplar, I'm just going to add, that if you are feeling overwhelmed, please contact one of these supports to chat it out, and get some immediate support. 

Hey @Jeplar,

How's your afternoon been going? We're here if you wanna chat some more about what's going on (or if things are really tough then @gina-RO's link may be the way to go Smiley Happy)

Thinking of you Heart

ReachOut have recently made this cool comic about school stress that might be helpful - it looks at stress in a new light, so that instead of ignoring or trying ot get rid of stress, we learn to see it as a potentially helpful thing, that (when controlled) can be lived with... 

Interested to hear what others think of it! 

@Jeplar how are you today? 

How are you doing today @JeplarHeart