cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't cope anymore and my reasons for staying are lessening

My seperation anxiety is getting really bad again and im just generally depressed almost all the time. The two things that make me feel better are my university and talking to the guy I love and struggle to be seperated from, but i feel like im losing both. My dad wants me to quit Uni so I can work on other "more important" stuff and it's so hard for me to get a hold of the guy. I want to tell this guy how i'm feeling and about my seperation anxiety but I don't want to put pressure on him or risk losing him for good. But i feel sick and I'm constantly wanting to cry. The intrusive thoughts I've been having for two years now are horrible images of him getting hurt or killed. Ive talked about this before inprevious forums but it was starting to get better and now it's worse than ever. I don't doubt there will be people who will miss me but I can't cope with this anymore and I don't feel like I can talk to anyone about it.

Re: I can't cope anymore and my reasons for staying are lessening

@KjStormy you have come to the right place to be heard. I wonder if your anxiety is a bit more serious than reaching out for help on the RO forum - and needs to be spoken about with a trained professional?

Lifeline (13 11 14), KidsHelpline (1800 551 800) and BeyondBlue (1300 224 636) are all great places to start and that you can speak to right now tonight! 

I feel more comfortable talking tovirioe online than over the phone
Highlighted

To people*

Hey there @KjStormy !

Thought I'd just jump in here quickly and add that I've actually called Kids Helpline myself a couple times in the past.
I can assure you that they really do help and the other end are always awesome people that are really comforting.

Maybe just give it a shot for a few minutes and see how it goes? I know I was really nervous the first time and was actually shaking, but it's not bad at all Smiley Wink

Let us know how you go!

-RN

Wow, that sounds really rough @KjStormy, but I'm glad you reached out for help! I know that can be really scary, even if it's anonymous. From the sounds of it, you've talked to other people about your anxiety before...is there someone you've talked to in the past who can help you out now? We're always happy to listen on Reachout, but it can't hurt to have an additional friend in your corner.

You also mentioned that you find it easier to talk to people online than on the phone- did you know that both Lifeline and Beyondblue have an online chat service? (They're also anonymous.) I don't mean to pass you onto another service, but I think it might be helpful to have someone to talk to relatively immediately as it can take an hour or two before someone replies on Reachout, since we don't have people staffed on the forums at all times.

The Lifeline online chatt runs from 7pm to 4am, and Beyondblue runs from 3pm to 12am, if I'm remembering correctly. The numbers that Sally posted are available 24/7 as well, should you need them.

@KjStormy how are you feeling today?

@May_ I've actually been focused on a pretty terrifying nightmare I had last night, it's been on my mind all day and so I haven't thought about the other stuff so much.

@Asche there is my mentor but she doesn't really know how to help except for seeing a psych and being on medication but I would need my dad for that I don't want him to know

@KjStormy here is a forum about dreams if you wanted to share your experience http://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/Dreams/m-p/202133/highlight/true#M14735 Smiley Happy

Hey @KjStormy, how are you doing? Is your mentor someone that helps at uni or something else? What I understood from your post is that you have tried to open up to your mentor before but she hasn't given you the kind of support you're after. Does that sound right? What kind of support would you like to receive?