cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't cope

then erupts like a volcano. i get it @redhead and no. one stable day isnt too much to ask at all. 

are you able to speak to your psychiatrist in regards to your medication? you said its making you worse

your sounding very frustrated and its really understandable

is talking here helping? 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow.

Yeah talking is kinda helping. I just feel stuck.

I've been trying to use the strategies my psychologist has given me but it's hard. Everything is just too hard.

I just want to be able to sleep. I haven't slept since I was in hospital on Sunday night. I'm always worse when I don't sleep. I really don't want to go manic because I know I'll do something really stupid.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

well done on being so self aware @redhead that isnt easy to do at all!

i hope that your psychiatrist is able to help you. theres nothing worse than staying on meds that make you worse. could you maybe ask for something to help you with sleep? 

your right having no sleep makes everything worse and when not in a hospital setting it can be quite disaterous. 

what sort of strategies have you tried or been given to try?

@scared01 my psychologist has suggested I do creative writing, it's something I used to do and enjoy. Also other things like music, games and RO.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redheadnot being able to sleep is the worst! 

I always find a nice long bath (or shower) helps before bed as it helps me unwind, oh and clean sheets on my bed help too. 

Since starting regular exercise (30 minutes of walking) and giving up caffeine I am also sleeping better at night. I do have those times when my brain can't switch off and its really tough!

There are also essential oil blends that you can put on your pillow that are meant to help you sleep and they might be worth looking into? I got a sample of a blend a while ago and it helped me relax (you only need a drop or two) when my anxiety was raging. 

Its ok to feel stuck and everyone feels like that at times, keep putting into practice the strategies your psychologist gave you and just take it one day at a time (or one hour if a day seems too much). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

oh creative writing @redhead would you like to share some of it here with us? id love to read some of your creations or parts of it...

hello @ErinsAntics i havent spoken to you before so hello Smiley Happy

@redheadwriting is great and it's something I use to keep my anxiety under control! You could start writing your feelings down in a journal or channel your feelings into creative writing. Another option could be to start a blog and just write whatever comes into your head.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ErinsAntics thanks for your input. I always have a shower before bed. My issue isn't my brain being to activate it feels like my body can't shut down. Like I'm tired, there's nothing in my head but I just don't sleep. And if I fall asleep I wake half hour later nearly manic.

@scared01 my writing would be too triggering. Plus I only have internet on my phone so I wouldn't be able to share it.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

ahh thats fair enough @redhead im glad you have some strategies in place though. i can understand that when in such a messy headspace it can be really hard to write or creative write and concentrate on anything at all. 

@redheadthat's tough! Maybe speak to your psychologist and doctor about it? Everyone needs sleep to function and it sounds like its affecting your overall health, which isn't good.