cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can't get over it and time isn't helping (possible tw)

Do you think it would help to book in an appointment with your GP sometime soon @Eden1717? It sounds like you could do with some extra support at the moment Heart It sucks that you’re not able to access any other psychologists and the counsellors can’t help, that must be frustrating.

I saw someone earlier suggest trying to connect with people at uni, how would feel about that? There’s usually somewhere online where you can find out about all the clubs and societies at your uni, you could check it out and see if there’s any that look interesting Smiley Happy 

@DruidChild  i cant afford to see the GP again soon and besides she cant help anyway. i have looked into some uni groups and there is one i am going to but it is a study group so not really the same thing. but all the others seem to involve food or some sort and i really cant do that. i went to a compulsory event recently and i didnt know it would involve a "free dinner" i had a panic attack as soon as i got back and didnt even finish the meal. i honestly just cant deal with all that right now. i also feel like weird cause there arent many people my age in my classes mostly they are either straight out of school and not that that is super different but mentally there is a HUGE difference between 18 and 21 or they are like over 35 and that is also a huge difference. besides i just want to get my studies over and done with. i am also too tired lately as i have been having a lot of physical health issues. and ugh i just there is nothing left to do except keep trying and suffering at the same time until i cant anymore.  

@Eden1717  it's incredible to hear you sticking at your degree through all of these challenges. 

Also amazing that you gave the study group a go. Despite everything going on, you have been continuing with uni and that's something to be very proud of. 

"Just keep going" sounds like the mindset for you at the moment. We're here to listen and support you through - one day at a time. Heart

Hey @Eden1717 , how are things going for you today? I'm wondering how you've been sleeping recently? I find that getting enough sleep helps me to cope with big emotions. Heart

I'm not sure whether you know this already, but I wanted to let you know that if you receive any government benefits (like youth allowance or ausstudy) you're eligible to get what's called a low income health care card. Usually if you have this card, general medical services like the GP will bulk bill all your appointments, meaning you don't have to pay. You can usually get medication cheaper with this, too. It might not be relevant depending on your situation, but it's something that helped me a lot Smiley Happy 

I can understand how confronting it must have felt to suddenly have to be around food. It also sounds really frustrating being at a different place in your life to other people in your classes. I can see how much effort you've put in recently despite these challenges, and I think that shows how resilient and courageous you are. I'm sorry if it feels like things are overwhelming and there's nothing you can do. One thing I learned about in therapy group was planning one enjoyable thing to do every day - even something really small, like drinking your favourite drink or washing your sheets so you have clean sheets to sleep on. Is that something that could be helpful for you? It's supposed to help you feel like there IS something you can do to improve your situation Smiley Happy

I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes Heart

@DruidChild  i have a healthcare card but gp's can choose when they bulk bill or not and most of the time they dont even with a card. i am too tired to do anything except for essential things and even then i am not managing to keep up with everything i need to do. dont even know what to do anymore. 

It sounds like things are really difficult for you right now @Eden1717 I’m here if it would help to talk tonight. Please hold on Heart

Highlighted

Hey @Eden1717, that really sucks. I can tell that you are trying best although you are struggling. Sometimes doing the essential things is all you can manage.. and sometimes it is less. You are so strong and resilient throughout this Heart You have worked so hard to move away and get into uni which is something to be very proud of despite how challenging it can be.