cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I can’t stop seeing prostitutes

Hi @Benn95 

That is a great way to motivate yourself to keep going! You could even use the money you would have spent to do something really nice for yourself or you could even save it and take yourself on a holiday somewhere. 

Also, I just want to congratulate you on the 2 and a half months that you weren't seeing sex workers. It's important to look at what you have achieved already Heart Have you thought anymore about attending a support group or speaking with a counsellor about this? It might be helpful to have that extra support to reach your goals.  

Hope you're doing well and we look forward to hearing back from you Smiley Happy 

I’m currently looking for a suitable councillor and there is a sex addicts anonymous meeting in my city on Tuesday. I’m trying to pluck up the courage to go  

It sounds like its helpful for you to be able to connect to other people about this issue so it could be a really good step to take! Good luck @Benn95

Hi @Benn95 ,

It sounds like you highlighted some amazing motivation for your recovery! Congratulations on your progress so far Smiley Very Happy If you are finding yourself in a hard spot you should come back to this thread to see how far yoy have come

Also good luck for attending the support group! 

@Benn95  I think it's incredible that you've managed to go two and a half months without seeing sex workers in the past. Well done! If you were able to do it before, you can definitely do it again. Smiley Happy
Rather than seeing your relapse as a failure, it may be more helpful to think of it as a 'high score' you can challenge yourself to best.

I think you're definitely on the right track. I think seeing a counsellor and attending a support group are great ideas. Smiley Happy

Hi @Benn95 , I just wanted to check in, since it's been a while. Did you end up attending the Tuesday meeting? If you did, I hope it was helpful to communicate with others who have felt similar things. Since they would have similar backgrounds, I'm sure they would be 100% non-judgemental too. 

If you weren't able to go, but still think it might be helpful, maybe you could try contacting whoever organises the group privately? I'm sure they'd love to help you work through this. Counselling could also be really helpful if you haven't looked into that as much yet. I hope you get the help you're looking for soon!

Hey guys I am now seeing a councillor. I have also had my sexual health checked. I’m doing ok. The thought has crossed my mind to go but so far I have stayed strong. 

Hey @Benn95  Smiley Happy

I just wanted to say thanks for coming here to talk about this, and that I really respect you for how you're trying to manage everything. 

How did you go with the counsellor? 

Hey @Benn95 

Good to hear that your check came back clear Smiley Happy 

Also want to tell you how amazingly you are doing with this. I second @JanaG - I really admire your determination Heart 

Highlighted

I’m not sure the consular is for me to be honest. I have just been focusing on work and working out. I’m also not drinking now. I haven’t been drinking since my last visit to a sex worker. I aim to continue to do this to let myself understand the compulsive behaviour