cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I don't care about school anymore.

I'm in year seven and I want to care about school but I just don't and feel like a terible person everyday becaus of it. I focas all on  mucking about and stuff. I falled french and I was so disipointed in my self. I hated myself so much, but I still can't care. At all.

For a while I had friends and then I lost them. Just like that. They thought I was getting back on them for dissing me by trying to break up their reletionship. I got really pissed and ruined everything. I lied. I lie so much and I can't seem to stop. I feel so bad and I won't to have something that I can be honest to but I can't make friends without lieing and I can only keep them by lieing. Today the person I hate who they hang out with was away. They asked me to sit with them. I was so happy.

Highlighted

Re: I don't care about school anymore.

Hey @George101, sorry to hear that things at school aren't going well at the moment.

Are there any subjects at school that you enjoy or like doing? Sometimes it's difficult to care about subjects that we don't have much interest in, but it can be easier to motivate ourselves to work on ones that are more interesting.

How about hobbies or things that you do outside of school?

Why is it that you think you can only make and keep friends by lieing? I'm sure there's plenty of good stuff about you that you don't have to lie about. That's awesome that your friends asked you to sit with them today though.

Have you tried making friends outside of school (like maybe at a club)?

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________
Highlighted

Hey @George101, it's great you've felt comfortable having a chat with us here on ReachOut.

Before we go further I'd just like to check that you fall within RO's age range? Anyone is free to read content on ReachOut.com but in the interest of child protection users must be 14 and over to become a member. Sorry to have to check this first! Our community guidelines are in place to help provide a safe place where members can chat with other young people about life and everyday issues.

Regardless, I'd like you to take a look at some fact sheets RO have. You might find some strategies here that help with forming lasting relationships and focusing on the things you enjoy about school. Take a look:

The effects of low self-esteem

Steps to improve self-esteem

Listening skills worth having

Highlighted

Hey @George101

Looks like you already have a couple of things to read and think about !  Are you keen to have a crack? Where would you get started? 

I'm 14.

Highlighted

Awesome! Sorry, @Kit was just checking cause it's her job as a moderator. Didn't mean anything by it!

Hope you're doing okay, always happy to have a bit of a chat, or distract you with hanging out Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Just a update. I got no friends cause the head of my cleek came back and everyone followed her like a puppy so I gave up. Theres no one else I can hang out with cause I'm not a jock or a geek and my group was the in beetween. I feel kinda crap about my self. I told them I was changing schools but theres noway my parents will let me so I dont know what to do.

Highlighted

Hey @George101 So glad that you reached out to us here on RO. I'm sorry to hear things at school have been so bad and that you feel like you need to lie all the time. You sound like a really genuine and lovely person who deserves friends who like you for the real you! Did you get a chance to read any of the reading material above? Was it helpful?

School can be pretty hard, especially when people have set groups and set friends already. Could you speak to the person that asked you to sit with them at lunch? It sounds like they liked you and consider you a friend. Sometimes it's easier to pretend to be someone else or a person who you think other people will like but the real you is valuable and wonderful too! We can certainly see that!

Highlighted

Another update. I kinda feel like shit. The group I used to be in are trying to figure me out and keep daring each other to talk to me. They keep texting me and calling me a bitch and stuff. I've just been hanging by myself but assements are all over so I have nothing to study for. I made a list yesterday of what I could do but the only thing that solved my problom was suicide and I feel like thats giving up. I want to fight it but I don't know what to do.

Highlighted

Hey @George101 -- I am really sorry that you feel like things are getting worse with your group. Please do not feel like suicide is your only option though, there are so many other options and I am sure you have so much more to give life. You obviously care a lot about your studies and don't let these nasty friends bring you down. People at school can be so mean and put you down but it is NOT a reflection of your worth. 

If you feel as though you are about to hurt yourself or if you feel like you are in need of immediate support, it is really important to keep yourself safe.  Lifeline (13 11 14) is wonderful for crisis support. Please call them if you need someone to chat to, they are really lovely people there. 000 is also an option if you need emergency help.

Could you please let us know that you are safe at the moment? I am worried about you and hope you are okay.