cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I don't feel normal anymore

I talked to my parents about it. I might go see a doctor today or tomorrow. My parents were thinking I've been having self-esteem issues, which wasn't the case and I was struggling to express what I think is going on. I told them about how I think people are after me but they gave me the old "i used to think like that to." "it's hormones." but I it just feels far worse than that. 

Highlighted

Good on you for talking to your parents about it. I give you a high 5 for that....it imagine it was very hard to do..even tho at present they don't quite see it... they will be a great support for you in the future..
Highlighted

I'm seeing the doctor today. I'm not so sure how I'm going to explain everything. Though I have a deep feeling in my gut that I'm paranoid schizophrenic, I can't tell if these voices are even there.. Well obviously not, but they're not very recurring but I don't know if I'm hearing voices or I think I am, I don't even know if it's just recent, I'm so confused, they seem real, but they're just tiny voices at the back of my head and I feel like it's just going to get louder. A part from that, the paranoid thoughts I'm 100 percent about. I just hope I'm diagonsed soon and find out what it is. 

Highlighted

Remember to take a breath and organise your thoughts before you go in. You explained it to all of us here so well so I'm sure you'll be able to explain it to the doctor just fine Smiley Happy

Good luck @superlock164 !

Highlighted

Your situation is difficult, it must be terribly confusing and frightening. I hope it gets resolved soon. You are strong enough to make it through. You deserve to be healthy and happy Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I've seen my doctor, I'll be seeing her again next week to catch up again. I'm now going to get therapy. I haven't been diagnosed yet, doctor says it's something linked to anxiety. I just don't like it when my family tries to empathize what it's like to hear voices like "it's just low self-esteem" "it's just what you think." But it doesn't feel like that, they just keep getting worse. I just lose control and begin hitting my forehead, telling them to stop. I also wrote an entire list of common sayings/sounds/feelings for whenever I 'hear' voices, get paranoid etc... is it a good idea i bring that list to my next visit with my doctor and future therpaists?

Highlighted

Thats great you went to your doctor and can now begin to get answers. I think writing down the things you experience often is a great idea, Im sure it would be useful for the doctor or therapist, it would even be good so that you could guage how you are going. It could even eventuate into a journal if you find that writing it all down helps you Smiley Happy
You are handling this very well, you are very mature and brave and I think you are doing really great!

I suppose it could be annoying knowing that your family cannot understand what you are going through but are still trying to empathise, but maybe they are just trying to support you in whatever way they know how to. Maybe when you get more information from the doctor you can begin to help your family understand whats happening, that way they might be able to support you better?
Highlighted

It can be difficult to understand, they are trying to do the best they can. We are only human after all. It can be difficult to imagine your situation without experiencing it. I think you should tell your family hoe you feel, tell them its ok if they don't understand. 

I do think a list will be a great idea. Hope it goes well. You are strong enough. 

Highlighted

I imagine that it must be very frustrating when your parents don't truly understand what you are going thru'.

To help your parents understand  I suggest you use what they call 'I Statements'  like: I feel this when... And try not to use words like: YOU do ... ...

Perhaps your parent's misunderstandings is  something that you'd like to talk  with your doctor. about..  he would be able to give professional advice..

It is good that you can share stuff here..It is good for us too to give you our little bits of advice and support...

Also there probably would be others reading the forums  not brave enough to share their own feelings online now feeling not so alone in what they are goin thru...

YOU are doing well with yourself. I give you a pat on your back for that!.. You give yourself a pat on the back too! Nothing like being nice to yourself!!