cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I don’t really know how to start this- (tw ??)

Yeah I’m finding everything quite helpful 

I feel quite comforted at the fact everyone is so supportive and kind- like I’m genuinely not used to this and it means so much Smiley Happy 

but yeah I really get that. Like i’ll usually fall into a state of being so empty and disappointed but then talk to a friend about the most superficial parts/ what’s easiest to talk about and feel temporarily better- but then the slightest thing usually makes me remember everything and I go back to old patterns. It kinda sucks because it’s like when I’m happy I just see how I felt prior as irrational/be embarrassed by how pathetic I was but then it’ll just happen again and again and I’ll end up in with no motivation to do anything. Like even simple things such as getting out of bed/showering etc etc-

anyways I should probably stop ranting about that stuff bc ik this isn’t a counselling service lol

however I really appreciate ur support and like-  it makes me feel so hopeful that there r ppl that actually care and are nice and stuff 

so thank you Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thank you so much ! like I really value ur advice and what you said- especially about self love and everything

Also sorry for the late response-

i’ve been fairly busy

but I’ll definitely look into these Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @tfamidoinghere I'm really glad that you're finding kindness and support on the forum, it's great to have you here! 

It can be really hard when you're feeling good to think about what is was like when you were feeling down, and the opposite can be true too. And it's understandable to feel like you've got no motivation when you're feeling low, is there anything that you've found makes you feel better? You said talking to friends helps temporarily, are there other things you've thought about trying?

Highlighted

Usually I just try to take a break from everything like taking a day or two to do absolutely nothing- or try to remember why I was motivated in the first place ? But that’s mostly after everything has reached a point of being really overwhelming

i mean some of the time this works but i don’t think it will work in the long term because it’s not really fixing anything. 

Highlighted

I think taking a break to regain some focus and motivation is a really good idea @tfamidoinghere. I actually do that a bit with my uni work as it allows me to come back to the assignment with fresh ideas. I think it is a good strategy as it allows you to take a break and focus on some other, probably more interesitng things. It is understandable if you don't think that the strategy would work for you in the long term. I know that some people do take on big tasks by first breaking it down into little pieces and taking on each of those bits at a time (with breaks in between). That kind of sounds similar to what you have been doing. Do you think you could try this method, or maybe change your strategy up a bit to see what does work for you in the long-term?