cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryn

I don't want to go back to my mothers house

Okay, I'm sorry if this gets long. 

I hate being at my mothers house. It's always so negative and it makes me feel even more depressed. She used to physically abuse me and she only stopped a couple months ago. She mentally and emotionally abuses me still, and it just gets too much. I'm at my dads house right now and I'm meant to go back to my mothers soon, but I really don't want to. 

I want to stay at my dads, because here I have less depression, i guess. I'm not as likely to do something stupid compared to when I'm at my mothers. 

i don't know what to do, I'm nearly always self destructive over there. Can anyone help me? Anyone at all?

Re: I don't want to go back to my mothers house

Hi @Ryn,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Emotional abuse is terrible, I've experienced it myself too - it should not be tolerated and I am sorry you are experiencing it.

I find that when it all gets too much at home, putting headphones in and listening to some music or watching TV helps - even if for a little while. It seems like you have support from your dad. I know it must be hard not knowing what to do in this situation but i suggest you have a chat to him about this. Have you told him about the way you are feeling?

Hey @Ryn,

That sounds like a really hard situation, and I am sorry you are going through that. 

Maybe speaking to your dad would be helpful or someone you trust, maybe a teacher or school counsellor?

Sometimes you need someone else's support to get you through situations like this

Keep us updated on how you go

Ryn

I can't talk to my dad about it because he'll thing that I'm just attention seeking, but I am going to talk to a school counsellor when school comes back on. 

Highlighted

Hey @Ryn, that's a really awful situation, and I'm sorry you have to deal with it. I think speaking to the school counsellor is a really great idea.

In the meantime, are there some strategies or activities you could use to prepare yourself for going back to your mother's place, or to help you when you're feeling self-destructive?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Hey @Ryn

Thats really good to hear. Sometimes when you make a decision to talk to someone it can feel like a weight off your shoulders!

How has everything been going? Are you back at school now?