cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I feel like I am unwanted.

Hey @StarGirl101 Heart I'm really sorry to hear all of this Smiley Sad It must be really tough to go through this, knowing that school is approaching and you're just not ready. I completely get what you mean! When I find myself feeling like this, I try to give myself a break from school; I watch a movie, do some crafts or even just play with my cat. Maybe this is something you can do? You are very strong and courageous! And it is always okay if you need a break! 

Have you been able to see your school counsellor? This might be helpful. It is sad that your friends don't seem to understand Smiley Sad 

Do you know what you want to say to your teacher? Having a plan might help ease some anxiety around it; maybe even jot down some notes of what you want to say?

Highlighted

Hey @sunnygirl606 

Everything seems so difficult right now..I have been meaning to make some notes on what to say to my teacher...but just couldn’t get myself to. My school psychologist is completely booked out...I have never had the chance to speak to her unfortunately..so that isn’t an option mm. I don’t feel like doing anything at all which scares me. I have to be ready..you know? It’s freaking me out but at the same time it’s like I can’t do anything about it. 

Highlighted

I understand @StarGirl101 and its okay to do nothing. Sometimes doing nothing is a good thing and if you feel the need to take a break then you should. It's okay that things seem difficult right now, and that you feel like you can't do much. These feelings are normal and it is okay to feel them Heart

What are some self-care activities that you can do to make you feel better and not freak out as much?

Highlighted

Hey @sunnygirl606 thank you so much for that ❤️

First day of school wasn’t so bad. Luckily I got all my classes, and great new teachers! I even talked to my student adviser...and opened up to her a little bit. She often told me that it was great I got an offer to study at ANU...but I was able to explain that there are things going on at home that...I really need to be able to get away from - which is why getting into another uni is so important for me. She offered to book me with the psychologist later on...and now she just emailed me to let me know that I am going to talk to my first psychologist on Wednesday. I am...happy that I am taking a step to do something about everything 😊

Highlighted

Hey @StarGirl101 

Its really awesome you were able to talk to the student adviser, it sounds like they have really listened to your needs and that she will be someone you can go to in the future about any other stuff that's going on for you. Its always good to get in early with these things so well done Smiley Happy Wishing you the best of luck with this new psychologist, let us know how it goes <3 

Savannah-RO

Highlighted

I'm so proud of you @StarGirl101 It is so amazing to hear that your day went well Smiley Happy

It is nice to hear that your student advisor was supportive of you, and even booked you an appointment with the psychologist! It must be relieving to feel like someone at your school is listening. Heart

How are you feeling about seeing the psychologist?

I'm really excited and proud of you Heart

Highlighted

Hey @StarGirl101 

Its been a few days and just wanted to check up on you and see how you are doing? 

Heart

Highlighted

Hi @Andrea-RO and @sunnygirl606!

I am glad to say that...things are looking up. The visit with the psychologist went really well I think. I surprisingly found it comforting to talk to her about everything going on. I think...being able to explain to someone really helps cause it makes you sort of step back and see the simplicity of the situation. She asked me a few questions and I now have another one booked in two weeks time. She even taught me some anchoring techniques - and made it clear that it’s okay to say no if I have to. To be honest...at times I did find it to be awkward...but it was an overall hopeful and exciting experience. How have you guys been holding up?

Highlighted

Ooh, I also completely forgot! The appeal..so it went a little south initially because the teacher refused to give me anymore marks. I got where she was coming from though - which then put me in a challenging situation; should I walk away and try to learn from it, or try and get marks because this could seriously affect my ATAR. I initially followed through with the former...but then some friends convinced me to go see the faculty head about it. 

I was hella nervous...I almost thought I was going to get suspended. My anxiety spiked through the roof - it was...a very difficult experience because I couldn’t stop shaking. But...he was just so kind and so awesome. He even gave me a few extra marks, which I am super glad for. After that, it was like a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders. 

I think it’s safe to say the first week of school has been full of pros...and some cons. The biggest con being I haven’t exactly told my parents yet about my scores. I don’t know what to do. I feel like..I need to protect myself from that. They are going to say some not so very nice things and as much as I try to not take it to heart...you just can’t help it sometimes. That’s why I told myself...that when the time is right I would tell them. But I am scared that that time would be never. Not sure, what to do mmm

Highlighted

Hey @StarGirl101,

It sounds like you've achieved some really HUGE things since we last talked so kudos for not just getting through the appeal, but reaching out to speak to the faculty head about it! It must have been so stressful and it takes a lot of courage and strength to do what you did, so I hope you can feel proud of yourself and recognise you've achieved a pretty hard and amazing thing.

I think this experience can also show that even though our anxiety can get really strong and overwhelming, it's not always right, and that we can find ways to move forward and be surprised by how positive things can be despite what our anxiety tells us; what are your thoughts on this?

That being said, I can understand why you're still feeling nervous about what's happening with your parents. I think that above all, your wellbeing should always be the top priority in the situation. If it feels like that right now you need to protect yourself by not telling them, then maybe it's a sign you need more time to think the issue over, and that you don't need to make a decision at the moment.