cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I feel like I am unwanted.

Hey @Sophia-RO 

@Yeah I might ask them if I can hang out with them some time. I this this is what I can do for myself at the least to cope up with the school. The good news is...I finally got through all my applications, including the undergrad Med one 🥳 

I was so exhausted after that...I had to do pretty much all of it on my own...and the constant thinking and doubt as I was writing these applications was almost too much. I kept editing and kept writing rough copies...to just get it right. I wish I didn’t have to doubt myself so much...I know how much this means to me...and I am glad to be able to look at it in a new light. I learnt a lot about myself through the experience too. I hope...it happens..just need a fresh start you know? I just wanna be able to do something I love..and that I am actually good at. Fingers crossed...☺️

Highlighted

WOOHOO! Smiley Very Happy Good on you for getting through the applications - they can be tough at the best of times so being able to push through them when you are feeling isolated and exhausted is amazing. I really hope that you are able to get into a course that you enjoy - but yes, doing those applications is great experience even if the outcome is not exactly what you were hoping. It is so great to hear you sounding more hopeful about the future - I hope that you are feeling okay.

Take care.

Highlighted

Hi @th967, this is pretty much just what I needed to hear ❤️❤️
Lately I have been feeling a little regretful. After mentioning how I could have..approached that nice group earlier on...and possibly had a much better time at school...I just don’t know how to forgive myself and at the same time have th courage to change things. Any advice..? Ik the only thing to do is talk to them...but maybe a little encouragement would be super appreciated...I really need it 😅😅

Highlighted

Hey @StarGirl101 

That is such a tricky place to be in, it can be really hard to actually get in there and have chats with people - but it can be done! And school friendships are not set in stone, I definitely changed up who I hung out with a lot when i was at school, and I'm so glad I did. I started sitting with someone in classes who I wanted to become friends with then I started having lunch with her and her friends, do you think that is something you could try? 

Thinking of you @StarGirl101 you have got this! Heart

Highlighted

Hey @Hannah-RO! I have made the decision to give it a go anyway. I actually have a carpooling thing with one of the girls in that group, and I am gonna see her on Monday. I might ask her then if it’s okay I hang out with them a little and ask her to chem

ck with everyone else. I haven’t done this in a long time, but I can’t wait. Once I realised that this is something I had to do to better my mental well being...I knew I couldn’t just let it go and had to do something about it! 

Highlighted

@StarGirl101 It's exciting you've decided to give it a go. I'm excited for you. It's important to find a set of friends who are on your wavelength - it just makes life so much easier. Feel free to keep us updated with it all.

Excuse my ignorance (I feel old right now) but what do you mean by "ck"?

Highlighted

Hey @Maddy-RO whoops, it was my bad - a huge typo, I just said that I am going to ask her to ask her friends if that’s okay! And then probably make a decision based on that. I don’t want to intrude at all...just want to make sure it’s absolutely okay to abruptly join them. Hopefully it goes well 🤞 I will make sure to update about it soon!

Highlighted

Hi @StarGirl101, I'm sorry for your family situation.
I have similar parents as yours. My parents did everything your parents did plus my dad also threatened me with my mom and living expenses during my childhood. I suffered from depression at my very young age and they couldn't understand that, which made me feel worse. I felt worthless as well, but then I decided to live for my own dreams.
And I'm so so glad that you decide to live for your own dreams and work for what you want! I can understand it feels really bad and stressed to do things with parent's expectations. Doing things that you perceive as meaningful means a lot and it makes you feel fulfilled as well. So keep going with what you want as long as it makes you feel better!
Looking forward for any updates from you!
Highlighted

Hey @Macaria 

There is something about finding someone you can sort of relate to...I am glad you reached out because it means so much to me ❤️ I don’t know...it never gets any easier to be honest. There is some part of me that just wants them to be proud at least once for my sake but I have come to terms with that might not ever happening...not because I am not good enough, but just because that’s who they are. I think I really needed to hear this...ATAR release is in two months or so, and I just don’t know what to expect. I am trying to make the best of what time I have left but it’s difficult because I logically can’t make sense of how I can bring anything back up...especially because of my dad barely talking to me these days.

On the bright side...I did talk to my friend yesterday. And.....she said she would be happy to have me in her group. I was super honest with her...explaining how unhealthy my relationship with my other friends was..and yeah. I can’t wait...for a new chapter to begin!

Highlighted

Hey @StarGirl101,

What you're saying about your parents is so insightful and i feel like you are able to view things from a fresh perspective, which can be so hard to do. I'll be thinking of you when ATARs come out, I remember that stressful time! It can be hard to think about anything else, are you still finding time to do things you enjoy?

That is also so great about your friend! Good on you being honest about what was going on for you and opening up to this new friend. It is wonderful to have that new chapter beginning, and it's a really exciting time Heart Do you know the other people in the group well?