cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel selfish

Later this year and early next year I'm going on holiday and seeing my favourite youtubers live. This seems like it should be exciting, and to most people I know it would, however I just don't feel it. I've been this way for quite a few months now and I thought it would leave when it got closer to the event, but recently I had a holiday and the excitement never came, nor did any disappointment that it was over. I know I'm lucky, and when people ask how my holiday was I try to seem enthusiastic, but I don't feel anything. It makes me feel really selfish because so many people wish for opportunities such as these.

Re: I feel selfish

Hey @Blurryphaced,
That sounds like an awesome holiday, who will you be seeing?

It's okay to not be excited or disappointed over holidays. People often tell me that I should be grateful for the holidays I have and so on but honestly it's a personal choice whether you get excited or not. People experience emotions and events in different ways.

It's not a bad thing for you to feel this way, or to feel selfish. Do you think you'll have fun seeing your favourite youtubers?

@N1ghtW1ng thank you for your response Smiley Happy I honestly have no idea if I'll enjoy seeing my favourite youtubers or not. It's been so long since I've actually enjoyed something and I don't know when I'll feel it again. 

Hey @Blurryphaced, just responded to your other thread Smiley Happy 

Which Youtubers are you going to see?

Hey there @Blurryphaced,

Are these feelings something you've spoken to your counselor about? I noticed in your other thread that you mentioned having trouble opening up to them but you've decided that you should be honest, is that right? I totally understand that it can be difficult to talk about difficult things but I hope it goes well Smiley Happy

@N1ghtW1ng Thank you for your response Smiley Happy I have not spoken to my counsellor about this yet, I have quite a few "trust issues" but I'm slowly opening up one session at a time.

@Blurryphaced I responded to your other thread but I've seen this and wanted to respond to this subject too.
I think it is okay not to feel intense happy emotions about holidays, sometimes it can be hard to be excited for something until it comes around. And as @N1ghtW1ng said different people experience emotions and events in different ways Smiley Happy

I noticed that you said you have some trust issues, but you've been working through them. I wanted to applaud you on this! I know from personal experience how challenging it can be to overcome trust issues. For me I found chipping away at them little bits at a time helped and acknowledging them straight up with the counsellor.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Blurryphaced

Who will you be Seeing?

@Jesssister2001 Dan and Phil Smiley Happy