cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I hate myself , what should I do?

Hello..I'm only 14 Years old and I really hate myself or look down on myself, I don't have any confidence too and I see no future for myself because of that I've not been going to school for 2 Years so I don't have any friends..yes I do have friends on Facebook but none of them care about me anymore. Ever since I stopped going to school I've been trapping myself in my room for almost the whole day not evening going out to mall etc I only go out once a month and it's been 2 Years so yea..even when I go put I dare not look at people and there's times when I've to cut my hair I can't even have a normal conversation with the barber. Whenever my parent's scold me I often think of something negative..For example commit sucided not the first nor second time it's been a lot if time where I thought of commit sucided. I don't even know what to do with my life anymore...
Highlighted

Re: I hate myself , what should I do?

I know what it feels like to have no friends. Well I do have friends, they live overseas, and I don't talk to them as much as I would like to. I also struggle with social anxiety, so its not always easy, but I'm better than before. 

I suggest you join some activities, maybe you could meet people there, e.g. art classes, creative writing classes. It really does help to have a healthy social life. Loneliness can contribute to negative emotions. While it may be frightening at first, it may ease your anxiety. You can get better, you are strong, you made it this far. 

It might also help you if you list your positive qualities, and remind yourself of them everyday, you are worth it. Rather than focusing on your weaknesses, you can focus on your strengths. 

I do suggest you talk to someone about your feelings, it would be a good idea to talk to a professional, it might help with anxiety and negative feelings. I hope it goes well. 

Highlighted

Hi Legomyargo.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like your life has no purpose. I'm sure that there are many people here who have at some point felt exactly the same and sometimes i struggle with it. Have you told your parents how you're feeling? Maybe they could arange an appointment with your GP who can organise some support and help you through your problems. I can see that you would like to go back to school to meet new people but you feel like you dont have confidence to do so. Maybe you can try taking baby steps to start off with going to the mall even if you don't feel like it and just sitting down somewere and watching what goes on around you. This is something i did when i was diagnosed with depression and trying to get use to being around people again after holing myself up for months. I definetly recomend calling Kids Help Line and talking to a councillor if you dont feel safe or if you're lonely and just want someone to talk to. They are very caring people and have your interests at heart.

take care and keep writing!!!

Highlighted

Hey Legomyargo, I'm really glad you found us and have reached out to us here - sounds like things are feeling really painful for you at the moment, and you are struggling. From what you've described you sound pretty isolated, you're not going to school or interacting with anyone outside your house.
I wanted to encourage you to check out:
http://au.reachout.com/Avoiding-social-situations and
http://au.reachout.com/How-to-manage-anxiety and
http://au.reachout.com/Sometimes-I-want-to-die

From your profile I can see that you are not in Australia - but it's really important that you get some support about your thoughts of suicide. Just because you have these thoughts doesn't mean you have to act on them, You are not alone and there are support services that can help you through this.
Please contact Samaritans in Singapore by calling 1800 221 4444 or clicking here: http://www.samaritans.org.sg/

Keep reaching out to us here and let us know how it goes talking to Samaritans...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Hey @Legomyargo 

You are so brave for coming on here and sharing what you are going through with us. It is really important to notice what you have done here, speaking about this so openly and honestly is a strength. I think we all have times were we look down on ourselves or think less of ourselves, I think what is important is positive self talk which is the stuff that makes you feel good about yourself and the things that are going on in your life. It is like having an optimistic voice in your head that always looks on the bright side. To read more on this check this out 

This is a great first step and speaking to someone about what you are going through, maybe your parents or a counsellor will help you feel better about yourself. We are here to support you and you are a strong person, remember that everytime you are down on yourself. 

Take care 

Thanks for the reply..I just posted about it on Facebook usually nobody cares about me than there's this one person whom comment.."Well you should try your best to die!" Oh well.. Smiley Frustrated

I've talked about it with my parent's but all they said was "You have to change." and yes I do have a counselor but I haven't told her about it.

Highlighted

I think it's best to not post about this on Facebook, people may not understand, therefore reply with insensitive comments. I think you should delete the entire post. It's not nice to have friends like that on Facebook, you can take them off your friend list. What he/she said is harsh, please hang onto dear life, you are worth it.

I think you should tell your counsellor about your situation. Hope it goes well.
Highlighted

Dear Legomyargo,

I imagine that you feel very overwhelmed with things... You are important, just as good as the next the person.. you will find that nice people who you let see you as you are with all your good points will value you... the important thing is to value yourself despite the people who don't treat you well.. I think you will feel better once you talk to someone you  trust  who is qualified to help you. . hang in there... it is worth it to find the right help... When I was young I had no real friends and didn't know how to make friends didn't even know what warmth was, but things changed for the better as I helped myself with professional support .You can make a good life for yourself  too with help and support. You are valuable and have wonderful qualities just like the rest of us...  There is a purpose for you in this life... Keep in touch.. We care!

Highlighted

Gosh I don't even know what have I done wrongly. I just beat my high score in Flappy Bird game on mobile and I wanted to keep the high score screen shot on Facebook as a memory and I got scolded seriously. Smiley Sad