cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a question. Tw sexual assault

I'm wondering if I should report it. 

The thing is I don't remember everything and I can't even remember when it happened. Will that impact what happens? Will they take me seriously because I was having a psychotic meltdown when it happened and didn't report it at the time.

What kind of things should I expect if I decide to report it. Where do I even go. 

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: I have a question. Tw sexual assault

@Bree-RO
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead this sounds really full on and like a very confusing experience for you. Personally I think the best port of call would be to chat to Laurel House and get some decent support around how to move forward alongside them.  Their email is counsellors@laurelhouse.org.au.

How are you feeling right now with this? Sounds heavy, we are always here to listen.Heart

@Bree-RO thanks for the link. I'll definitely hit them up probably tomorrow when I can actually formulate a better message. I'm too busy today.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Awesome to hear you are going to chat to Laurel House when you are ready @redhead, that is such a brave and hard thing for you to do. I am proud of you! Smiley Happy

Let us know how you go.
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

@redhead that is a big step to take and really courageous of you. Smiley Happy

I hope your talk with Laurel House goes well. Afterwards, do you have any self-care activities that you like doing?

I didn't end up contacting them yet. I decided I'm going to wait til after Christmas.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redheadIs there a reason why you have decided to wait until after Christmas to chat to them? There is no time like the present with these things, but it's totally fine if you want to wait until after Christmas so you can fully focus on it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@ErinsAntics there's always a lot going on this time of year, plus all the members of my treating team are going on leave.
I want to be in the right headspace and be able to be supported through the process.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redheadthat sounds like a very wise decision to wait. It's better to have all your support systems around you when you will be tackling a big issue Smiley Happy just remember to keep up the self-care between now and when you do contact them and take that next step. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!