cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want life to be normal

Hello.

As of recently, I have begun to consider a lot of aspects of my life and how its just turned me into a person I just can’t handle without crying my eyes out. School has begun which means a lot of stress, my family is going through a lot with fighting and other issues, and I just feel like I can’t change and just want my life to be happy again. This has been going on for years and years and seen the effects of the demons inside of my head have done to others that I love. I just don’t know how to handle it. My parents think I’m over-reacting but never listen to what I actually have to say. I am thinking of getting help but I just don’t know...

Re: I just want life to be normal

Hi @Jeplar, thanks for sharing how you're feeling. I'm glad to see that you are thinking of getting help. RO has articles on getting professional help here, that you might want to take a look at, and this one and this one might be of particular interest.

You might also like to take a look at this article on better communication, to help you explain things to your parents.

I'm going to tag a few others in to help offer you some more advice @Asche @SmileMonkey @sweet_baking @ms_xt @T4ils

Hey @Jeplar! Awesome that you have been thinking of these things and thinking about getting some help. It is not an easy thing to reach out, so thank you. We are all here for you at Reach Out but I am glad that you have considered professional help because it sounds like you have a lot going on.

You spoke about being happy again, what was your life like when you were happy?
—————————

Whether you think you can or think you can’t, either way you are right.
– Henry Ford

I was able to properly communicate about what I wanted without having anything on my mind ruining it. I just don’t wanna be shaking about what my thoughts are telling me.

Hey @Jeplar, it seems that you want to communicate something but your mind is having doubts about it, does that sound right?

Have you also managed on looking at the articles @Danielle-RO has previously suggested to you about getting professional help?

Hi @Jeplar, it sounds like there are a lot of conflicting thoughts running through your head, and that must be very difficult to handle. It's very courageous of you to think of getting help, so really well done! We are all here for you <3

I'm sorry to hear about the fights in your family, and the stress of school... have you tried any self-care strategies at all?

@Jeplar just checking in with you to see how your week's going? Heart