cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm feeling very anxious tonight

I don't know why but I have these feelings of anxiety tonight so much Smiley Sad It could be anything that's triggering it. It could be the possibility of me going to work tomorrow, it could be that I don't know if i'm going to get enough sleep tonight or what i'm going to eat tomorrow. I just don't know. I am trying to manage the things stressing me out but I can feel this in my chest and I wish it would go away. Smiley Sad 

Re: I'm feeling very anxious tonight

I had a panic attack last night causing me to talk to khl last night in order to calm down. I was in and out of sleep all night feeling very anxious and paranoid and on edge. I had really bad dreams and woke up heaps of times thinking I either saw something in my room or something was saying my name. I got a call to work just now in my new job and I didn't answer it. I feel like absolute shit. Smiley Sad guilty that I'm not working and sad and stressed about last nights sleep. Smiley Sad 

I know it is okay to take the day off today to recover but I still feel hopeless, upset and disappointed with myself. I don't know how to get past this and not be so harsh on myself. This situation has happened so many times now. Smiley Sad 

@mspaceK  I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling anxious and distressed.

You said this kind of situation can happen to you often, is there anything that has helped you overcome a bad night in the past? 

hello @recharging_introvert and thanks for responding. Sometimes spending time with my boyfriend helps. He is busy today and I'm home alone. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed today. I'm just listening to music and playing computer games to pass the time and get through the day. But I feel like absolute shit Smiley Sad 

Hi @mspaceK! I'm sorry that you've been feeling so anxious. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. Smiley Sad

Do breathing techniques help you to go back to sleep after having a bad dream? They have worked for me in the past.

How are you feeling now?

Hi @mspaceK 

I'm sorry that I haven't been on your threads much, my brain's decided it's going to be weird.. Smiley Indifferent

Are you going okay atm?

@Tiny_leaf @WheresMySquishy Sorry for not replying. I've been so busy with work and just life in general. I've had a big week starting my new job and still doing my old job. It went well but still got heaps of anxiety over it. I might be working again next week. I hope so. I just wish I wasn't so anxious about it. 

Tonight I am feeling anxious again..getting those wierd feelings and I don't know why. It's that stressed feeling like something is wrong in my chest and my mood. Smiley Sad hmmm. sigh. 

@mspaceK that sounds exhausting.....

Other than you anxiety are you enjoying your new job?

@mspaceK  Congratulations on starting your new job!  I'm glad it went well.

Those feelings don't sound very nice. Smiley Sad I think it's normal to have some degree of anxiety about starting a new job. It's happened to me a lot of times in my volunteer work. It can take a lot of time to settle in and feel comfortable around the people and policies. There's so much to learn as well. I often feel as if I'm going to make a mistake.

Remember, they must have seen that you were competent and capable enough to get the job. They clearly saw something in you, so well done!

hey @Tiny_leaf . Yeah - I am enjoying it. I think i'm being hard on myself to do a good job though. 

And thank you @WheresMySquishy . I know a lot of people have given me positive feedback in my volunteer work and placements. It is just different finally being out doing my career. 

And it is hard coping with all other stuff in my life going on.